Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Other races in the Empire
Closed Thread
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Other races in the Empire

How important do you think auxillaries (eg, Kroot, Traitor Humans, etc) will be in the expansion of the Tau Empire? Will they forever be inferior or will they become as important as the Tau themselves? How many of them will be present in the Tau armies of the future?

Thanks for your thoughts.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Other races in the Empire

Well, what does the word "vespid" mean to you?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 07:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vespids. An auxillary marine - killer unit coming out in the new Tau Codex. That doesn't answer my question though. Read my post again.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 18 Dec 2005, 07:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sephiroth

Why do you consider the Tau auxiliaries as being treated as 'inferior'? Seems to me the Tau see what they are particularly good at, then set them to work at it.
"My sorrow and anger precede me with regard to the stubborn and selfish refusal of the humans’ Emperor to permit his people acceding to the One Path, forcing us to embrace the course of conflict. The Fire Caste will do what is asked of them, and demonstrate to the Imperium of Man that piety is no substitute for wisdom."
- His Exalted Majesty, The Ethereal 'Unforeseen Truth'
Old 18 Dec 2005, 07:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Maybe inferior was the wrong word. I was reffering to the proportion of Tau/Auxillaries. At the moment the Tau take up most of the positions in the government and armed forces, and negociators and.......... it goes on. What I meant by that statement is will they always be a lesser part of the Empire. (compared to Tau)

Old 18 Dec 2005, 07:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sephiroth

Well, it is the 'Tau' Empire, so as expected they run the show. I personally think the other species, Kroot and Nicassar as example, are more happy doing their own thing.

The Tau haven't for example, started constructing cities on Pech, or made a Tau the 'Lord Commander' (to use an Imperial term) of said world - they've let their auxiliaries be self-governing. I doubt a Kroot for example, wants to run for high office on the T'au ruling councils.

That said, I see your point - eventually the Tau Empire may have so many servant races that it will cease to be the Tau's Empire.
"My sorrow and anger precede me with regard to the stubborn and selfish refusal of the humans’ Emperor to permit his people acceding to the One Path, forcing us to embrace the course of conflict. The Fire Caste will do what is asked of them, and demonstrate to the Imperium of Man that piety is no substitute for wisdom."
- His Exalted Majesty, The Ethereal 'Unforeseen Truth'
Old 18 Dec 2005, 15:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Yeah, it's really pretty tough to call the alien worlds incorporated into the greater good part of an "Empire". The Tau don't particularly exercise lots of control over their allies. It's really more of a federation.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 16:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

To offer a view, it might be that the Tau run things as they do because they are in the best position to do so. The Kroot and Vespid obviously are not in position to offer views affecting a star-spanning empire the size of the Tau holdings, and most of the humans are in the same boat: while they may be on many worlds, they are (for all intents and purposes) mostly new colonists themselves. Only recently have they been liberated (one way or another) from the Imperium's control.

Sometime in the far, far future, the growth of a Tau Congress of Worlds might grow to include Human, Nicassar, Vespid, and other representatives. Keep in mind that the Empire, for as old as it is, is still a rapidly growing force; it's political structures and methods of governing will continue to grow with it, and adapt as the situation demands.

In its optimum state, the galaxy-spanning Tau Empire would have multiple local state-realms with Etherial guidance (rule or simply advising support), with perhaps an centenniel gathering of Sector States on T'au for congress with the Aun'O.

Silver-lined future as that may be, for now the Tau rule because they are the ones in the best position to do so. The governor on Taros might be a good example to show... He expected the Tau to help him gain his independance, and then simply leave him the planet entirely! Selfish as that was, one couldn't imagine the Tau letting him run everything himself, or give him a greater view in how space and local system matters might be run. It would be all too likely that he might see to his own welfare first, and the Greater Good of all second.
Closed Thread