Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Anti-Tau Sentiment
Closed Thread
Old 18 Dec 2005, 05:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Anti-Tau Sentiment

Lately i've been getting allot of grief from people making fun of tau. I guess we are kind of easy targets with our tiny empire and "wimpy" tactics, but this still peeves me.

Anybody else have stories about people making fun of tau (preferably stories where the culprit was purged by turn two :P)?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 05:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sephiroth
Default Re: anti tau sentiment

Tau do seem to be used as the punching bag of 40K forums. Ah well, it just makes Tau player's victories all the sweeter. After all, you have to respect an underdog.
"My sorrow and anger precede me with regard to the stubborn and selfish refusal of the humans’ Emperor to permit his people acceding to the One Path, forcing us to embrace the course of conflict. The Fire Caste will do what is asked of them, and demonstrate to the Imperium of Man that piety is no substitute for wisdom."
- His Exalted Majesty, The Ethereal 'Unforeseen Truth'
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like it. It increases the embarrassment and heart-breaking effects of GW's cover boy SMurfs being crushed by the "wimpy little aliens".

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
Tau do seem to be used as the punching bag of 40K forums. Ah well, it just makes Tau player's victories all the sweeter. After all, you have to respect an underdog.
The Tau get victories now?... honestly i can see why they do though. At my club Tau forces have only ever won 3 battles (touramnet battles that is). Where as all other armies excluding dark eldar as no one plays them have scored at least 9 or 10.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

This is because Tau are terrible if used like, say, Dark Angels. Or Imperial Guard.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=J?=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
The Tau get victories now?... honestly i can see why they do though. At my club Tau forces have only ever won 3 battles (touramnet battles that is). Where as all other armies excluding dark eldar as no one plays them have scored at least 9 or 10.
Huh. You must have a static player at your store.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

I assume he has static players... Mech Tau is invincable.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Its really funny because me and my friend spent ages doing Tau vs Salamanders comics (some of which were a bit farfetched. eg, Kroot killing Terminators, Tau armies getting destroyed by a Guardsman, etc) before we actually got to battle. The score is three nill to the Tau and he still thinks they suck. (Three legitamate battles that is, the first one I accidently thought submunitions were AP1. Oops.)

We have built up respect for each others armies though. (Though a few days ago he did a comic where one Guardsman destroyed the whole Tau Empire. Hmm. ?? :)

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 18 Dec 2005, 08:54   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to najtreg88

well, since I've never played Tau before, I wouldn't know, but Faolin, perhaps you should post a couple of those comics, they sound like real fun!
That is why we have technology. So many armies bring knives to gunfights.
What is more dangerous than a sniper who moves?
Our style is different. We move, we shoot.
I say we are not weak. And in that fact, gentle tau, we have victory!!!

~By Shana Sel
Old 18 Dec 2005, 09:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Faolin, perhaps you should post a couple of those comics, they sound like real fun!

You don't really want to see them. Imagine a stick figure Crisis Battlesuit! (I am really really bad at drawing)

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Closed Thread