Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about Farsight's "Ork Fighter" rule.
Closed Thread
Old 17 Dec 2005, 01:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_knight
Default Question about Farsight's "Ork Fighter" rule.

Farsight

i dont under stand the ork Fighter

it says improve their WS and I characteristics by 1?

i really dont understand what it means???
\
which ones and i know i posted this but no one care i guss but ya can you explain to me?
Old 17 Dec 2005, 01:58   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Help

I'm new but i've read that and i think i understand so don't get mad at me if i'm wrong.when it says increase 1 characteristic by1 i think it means like wounds weapons skills billistic skill or it might mean like leadership or something like that.!.!.!
Old 17 Dec 2005, 02:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

your right but is that it or is it more then two????
Old 17 Dec 2005, 02:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_knight
Farsight

i dont under stand the ork Fighter

it says improve their WS and I characteristics by 1?

i really dont understand what it means???
\
which ones and i know i posted this but no one care i guss but ya can you explain to me?
It means you pay the upgrade price per unit, for Ork Fighter, and in return, you may raise your Weapon Skill (WS) and Initiative (I) by 1 point on those units you purchased the upgrade for. If you look at the profile of the models which may make this upgrade, you'll see these values listed in a profile line. They're low numbers, so a chance to raise them is your bonus. Both of those characteristics are useful mutually for close combat, hence the name Ork Fighter. They only effect the two aforementioned profile stats. In short, they make you a little "better" when fighting hand to hand in the assault phase. Another special note to consider is that you cannot purchase the upgrade for the same squad more than once (so you cannot upgrade their stats anymore than just by 1).

Cheers!
Old 17 Dec 2005, 02:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

thanks i guss then theres not point in Running Farsight
Old 17 Dec 2005, 02:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_knight
thanks i guss then theres not point in Running Farsight
Of course there's a point - It's for the theme.

However, Farsight does rather cripple your army list via the limitations imposed upon what you can take and how many of each of those limited units you can have. In exchange, you have a very mild chance to pay more points for units which are horrible in combat, to become average in combat (meaning, still horrible ). So if you want to keep shooting and stay away from close combat, you may want to avoid using the Farsight option.

Cheers!
Old 17 Dec 2005, 02:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks that really shpws me allot

;D
Old 17 Dec 2005, 23:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Question about Farsight's "Ork Fighter" rule.

Another question, on the same subject:

Can Farsight himself be given the Ork Fighter upgrade? If he forms a unit with his bodyguards, it would seem to be illegal *not* to do so.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 00:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abanim
Another question, on the same subject:

Can Farsight himself be given the Ork Fighter upgrade? If he forms a unit with his bodyguards, it would seem to be illegal *not* to do so.
It specifically states in his body guard option that "they" (meaning the body guard) must take the Ork Fighter upgrade. O'Shova himself, does not, he already is an Ork Fighter. Also, the Ork Fighter upgrade it self, is meant for Tau units lead by O'Shova, which is another indicator.

Cheers!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 01:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The specific quote is:

If O'shovah is accompanied by a bodyguard, they must all be given the Ork Fighter upgrade noted above

The "all" supports the interpretation that O'shovah receives the Ork Fighter upgrade. It could be referring to all of the bodyguards, but since there can only ever be two, I think that "both" would have been used if that was the meaning. Besides, it ignored the case in which he has only one bodyguard.

Also, it is stated that "any Tau unit in an army led by O'shovah" may receive the Ork Fighter upgrade. The army is led by O'shovah, and O'shovah is a unit in the army (or part of a unit, if he has a bodyguard). The wording implies that you must give the upgrade to an entire unit, or not at all. If he is part of a unit including some bodyguards, and the bodyguards must be upgraded, then he must be upgraded too.

How have you reached the conclusion that he is already an Ork Fighter?

Finally; the paragraph near the top of the page has the usual caveat about using the special character exactly as described below, without any upgrades. Normally this would forbid any such meddling with his statline - but in this case, the Ork Fighter upgrade is part of the description below, so I would regard it as permissible.
Closed Thread