Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Could Tau ever become possessed by Chaos?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Dec 2005, 12:38   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Jonathan-Kauyon-Hunter
Default Could Tau ever become possessed by Chaos?

Wot would happen if Tau were ever to become appart of the legions of chaos?....anyone got ideas?
Old 15 Dec 2005, 12:55   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Could Tau ever become possessed by Chaos?

i think that the tau cant be corrupted by chaos cos they dont have a soul(refer to the codex) so they didnt register in the warp. But if the tau ARE corrupted by chaos, it would have been hell for almost all the races. but i still think that they cant side with chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

how would the tau ever join the dread legions. the legions would kill the alien scum if for no other reason than they're aliens.

In a sense, it is impossible for a tau to turn to chaos. For one thing, their psyche is utterly incomprehensible to chaos. chaos itself exists because of emotions, thoughts etc coalescing and coming together, and gaining sentience. So every murder feeds khorne. Every plot feeds tzeentch. every moping goth feeds nurgle. ;D

now, look what the chaos gods stand for. and you will see the tau are the antithesis.
Khorne. mindless slaughter, bloodshed and insanity. to the tau, this is the mont'au, and they will never willingly turn to it.
Tzeentch. the warp, and magic personfied. it also represents everyones selfish desires for power. the tau think in terms of the whole, not themselves.
Slannesh. mindless depravity, selfishness and decadence. again, a tau will see the mont'au in it. (not that it matters. the tau "killed" slannesh! ;D)
Nurgle. to bring down the galaxy in ruin and stagnation, to bathe in the corruption and destruction of everything. the tau are new, ever expanding, optimistic, and bring a "new way" to the universe. grandfather nurgle has no place there.

then there is Fire Warrior. A greater daemon knows he can possess an etherial. its just it will take centuries to break their implaccable will they hold in the greater good. and he will be dead long before then. their ability to withstand such daemonic intrusion is huge. then there is their negligable presence in the warp. they have a presence, but its tiny. no self respecting daemon will turn to it.

So, it seems tau are incorruptible? they are, to an extent, and i would argue tthey are almost immune to the physical and mental mutations of chaos. its unlikey a tau will get possessed by nurge and run around with 5 tentacles.....
But, lets say, a shas'o finds a daemonsword, and desires to emulate o shovah. he feels the power in it might make his guys better warriors. and the daemon of the sword uses the tau to sathiate its own bloodlust. they have been tricked into serving an agent of chaos, but its different in my eyes to being part of the dread legion,s or serving chaos in its infinite badness....

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you ever get a chance, read the Deamonhunters and Witchhunters books; they have great insight for when chaos effects other races. The most prosperous chaos god that GW thinks is the most corruptable is Slannesh...Slannesh promises his followers glory, honour and power, just what a young Shas'el would want throughout his career.

And to become "possessed" doesn't mean that the Tau will be springing tentacles and murdering everything in its path (although it is quite common among the chaos corruption), it could also be secretive and no physical change can occur. It is not really "possessed" this way...more like "influenced".

But for the Tau to join the Dread Legioins? Not very likely...

Edit: Oops! I checked the codex, and yes, Tau have no souls. ^-^
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

did my o shovah post start this off when i said "i think he might have been corrupted by chaos" ???

and why does everyone say tau dont have soul's be quite > > just cos' they dont have psyker abilities.
in fact i think thats wrong read origins of tau in codex. doesnt it say the tau had a strange feeling to obey him (hypnotism anyone ;D ??? :
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:24   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Tau have souls, they just don't have the psychic abilities needed to show up in the Warp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Tau have souls, they just don't have the psychic abilities needed to show up in the Warp.
Well...maybe GW just wasn't specific enough when the stated about the Tau soul. They don't have any psychic abilities, so no warp for them. Maybe the "soul" is all that it is referring to... :-\
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:32   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
how would the tau ever join the dread legions. the legions would kill the alien scum if for no other reason than they're aliens.

In a sense, it is impossible for a tau to turn to chaos. For one thing, their psyche is utterly incomprehensible to chaos. chaos itself exists because of emotions, thoughts etc coalescing and coming together, and gaining sentience. So every murder feeds khorne. Every plot feeds tzeentch. every moping goth feeds nurgle. ;D

now, look what the chaos gods stand for. and you will see the tau are the antithesis.
Khorne. mindless slaughter, bloodshed and insanity. to the tau, this is the mont'au, and they will never willingly turn to it.
Tzeentch. the warp, and magic personfied. it also represents everyones selfish desires for power. the tau think in terms of the whole, not themselves.
Slannesh. mindless depravity, selfishness and decadence. again, a tau will see the mont'au in it. (not that it matters. the tau "killed" slannesh! ;D)
Nurgle. to bring down the galaxy in ruin and stagnation, to bathe in the corruption and destruction of everything. the tau are new, ever expanding, optimistic, and bring a "new way" to the universe. grandfather nurgle has no place there.

then there is Fire Warrior. A greater daemon knows he can possess an etherial. its just it will take centuries to break their implaccable will they hold in the greater good. and he will be dead long before then. their ability to withstand such daemonic intrusion is huge. then there is their negligable presence in the warp. they have a presence, but its tiny. no self respecting daemon will turn to it.

So, it seems tau are incorruptible? they are, to an extent, and i would argue tthey are almost immune to the physical and mental mutations of chaos. its unlikey a tau will get possessed by nurge and run around with 5 tentacles.....
But, lets say, a shas'o finds* a daemonsword, and desires to emulate o shovah. he feels the power in it might make his guys better warriors. and the daemon of the sword uses the tau to sathiate its own bloodlust. they have been tricked into serving an agent of chaos, but its different in my eyes to being part of the dread legion,s or serving chaos in its infinite badness....
I agree with deadnight. The tau are just god-like(well close to it)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

tau are anything but godlike. they might be quite resistant to chaos (like, 15 ranks in Will resistance in a HARP RPG) but as a race/empire they are a small fish at best.

its just the warp mirrors the psyche of the most powerful/common races in 40k. in this case its mainly humans and oks. tau have a totally alein psyche that somehow happens to be able to resist the predations of chaos.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Dec 2005, 14:00   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
tau are anything but godlike. they might be quite resistant to chaos (like, 15 ranks in Will resistance in a HARP RPG) but as a race/empire they are a small fish at best.

its just the warp mirrors the psyche of the most powerful/common races in 40k. in this case its mainly humans and oks. tau have a totally alein* psyche that somehow happens to be able to resist the predations of chaos.
wat about eldar? they are also there.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Closed Thread