Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Are Tau becoming the Galactic Power?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Dec 2005, 08:55   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Jonathan-Kauyon-Hunter
Default Are Tau becoming the Galactic Power?

Tau are rapildy becoming the strong Alien race in the Warhammer 40k world and they have the right stuff to do it as well. What would this do to the Warhammer 40k game if Tau became the core team unlike space marines...... Any opinions?
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:14   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tau becoming the Galactic Power

I think you're watching to much Por'Hui news.

Tau are nowhere near a galactic power. They lack the size, manpower, technologies, knowledge and general survivability of the major races. Tau work on a small scale, but are no threat beyond the sub-sectors they inhabit. Even the Dark Kin, no more than pirates, are feared across the galaxy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sephiroth

They arent 'the strong' alien race in 40K: Their codex is the next in line, hence they'll be getting allot of attention, until the next 'dex.

And Tau will never replace Space Marines as the 'core team'. This has nothing to do with background - but entirely with sales. GW makes more money out of their Space Marine range than the Eldar, Orks and Tau combined.

Its a sad fact that everyone and their pet dog has a Space Marine army...
"My sorrow and anger precede me with regard to the stubborn and selfish refusal of the humans’ Emperor to permit his people acceding to the One Path, forcing us to embrace the course of conflict. The Fire Caste will do what is asked of them, and demonstrate to the Imperium of Man that piety is no substitute for wisdom."
- His Exalted Majesty, The Ethereal 'Unforeseen Truth'
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:29   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

True but the Tau could still become a strong galactic power through they lack the resources now but they are still young race.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sephiroth

While true as a possible future, Warhammer 40,000 is not a story - its a setting.

Thus, things don't really change. Oh GW will say that certain things have changed, but the overall 'theme' of a army/race never changes.

Eldar will always be described as dying, lingering on, the Imperium will always be just holding on to its power, and the Tau will always be described as expanding, and dynamic - its the character of each, doing anything else defies the point of them.
"My sorrow and anger precede me with regard to the stubborn and selfish refusal of the humans’ Emperor to permit his people acceding to the One Path, forcing us to embrace the course of conflict. The Fire Caste will do what is asked of them, and demonstrate to the Imperium of Man that piety is no substitute for wisdom."
- His Exalted Majesty, The Ethereal 'Unforeseen Truth'
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:39   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah games-workshop holds all the cards for the storylines and background to all the races.The Tau are no exception to any other race in 40k.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Tau may be powerful but they are in no way capable of galactic control etc. Basically what Wargamer said. They only occupy a tiny portion of space, and have minute manpower compared to the Imperium.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:55   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah the Imperium has billions up on billions of man power compared to what the Tau have. The Tau can only control so much of the galaxy. Plus the Tau rely on their surpiror fire power to keep them alive. Unlike the Imperium who have the Imperial Guard and the Space Marines...ETC.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 10:18   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Fair enough. But i am positive that someday they will make a special campaign with the tau such as the Eye of Terror campaign. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 10:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Although I realise it is never going to happen (it would wreck Games Workshop sales) I think the Tau would have a real chance of becoming dominant in the universe if they play the vulture role.

The other races that are more powerful than the Tau (most of them) are all fighting each other. The Tau need to wait and watch until everyone else has destroyed themselves. For example, Chaos kills Necrons, weakened Chaos is killed by Eldar/Space Marines, Weakened Space Marines are killed by Nids, weakened Nids are killed by Tau. (Please note this order is entirely hypothetical)

A bit wordy but I think everyone will get what I mean.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Closed Thread