Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hammerhead configuration
Closed Thread
Old 14 Dec 2005, 15:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Hammerhead configuration

I only pack 2 railguns in my army, on a pair of hammerheads. *I wanted to get past the idea of them being the same weapon config, so i got to thinking about the FW fusion cannon option. *Does anyone have any experience with this weapon? *I think it's rather cool, a TL multimelta with blast.

I'm not looking to add broadsides to me army and i currently have 3 crisis suit teams of:

plasmarifle, missle pod, multi tracker (x2)
plasmarifle, fusion blaster, multitracker (x1)

Any ideas?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 17:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Hammer head config

I have bought the FW Fusion Cannon myself, and when I let my friend know about it, his reaction was "OH, S***!" If you put the multi-tracker on the Hammerhead, you got an effective range of 36" with a str 8, AP 1 blast weapon... and it's twin-linked. I'm going to run a roster with a Rail head, an Ion head, and a Fusion head. My friend said that I should add "ache" after each name as these will be a headache for him to counter. I'll let everyone here know what the damage is done by the Fusion Cannon hammerhead when I get it finished.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 17:23   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to najtreg88

did I miss something? last time I checked you could only put railguns/ioncannons on a hammerhead, or are these already the new rules?
That is why we have technology. So many armies bring knives to gunfights.
What is more dangerous than a sniper who moves?
Our style is different. We move, we shoot.
I say we are not weak. And in that fact, gentle tau, we have victory!!!

~By Shana Sel
Old 14 Dec 2005, 17:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The FusionHead is the best of the Forgeworld Turret Varients in my opinion.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 14 Dec 2005, 17:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Vega62a

Seriously. Low-cost alternative to the Ion cannon; if you've got few points to work with and a lot of 3+ and 2+ saves to kill, bring this; your enemy will laugh when he sees the tiny little gun on top of your big scary tank, and then cry when you shoot him.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 18:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

How is the plasma variant? In my experience anything with plasma is generally very good.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 18:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
How is the plasma variant? In my experience anything with plasma is generally very good.
I don't think it is as good as an Ion Cannon. It is twin linked and has two shots. The best you'll get with it is two hits. The Ion Cannon can get 3 hits and has 22 inches better range. The Plasma has better AP, but really with Crisis suits, do you need 2 extra plasma shots?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 18:58   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Hammerhead configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSon
I only pack 2 railguns in my army, on a pair of hammerheads. *I wanted to get past the idea of them being the same weapon config, so i got to thinking about the FW fusion cannon option. *Does anyone have any experience with this weapon? *I think it's rather cool, a TL multimelta with blast.

I'm not looking to add broadsides to me army and i currently have 3 crisis suit teams of:

plasmarifle, missle pod, multi tracker (x2)
plasmarifle, fusion blaster, multitracker (x1)

Any ideas?
Welcome to the forums!

The nice thing about the variant turrets from Forge World is that they fully replace the parts you need to build a railgun turret. This gives you the option of playing either. I agree that the Fusion guns are the best of the Forgeworld variants.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The missile pod turret is also nice. It's the same price as an Ion Cannon, has the same strength, and has an extra shot. With a SMS you can get 8 shots. That's nothing to scoff at. Now the only thing I would have liked is to have a little better range, but at least it looks cool.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 00:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_knight

railguns/ioncannons both good but i would go with the Rail gun but the ioncannon is not bad i mean it can really work it with heavy guys
Closed Thread