Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

To fusion blaster or not?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:26   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default To fusion blaster or not?

hi,im new to warhammer 40k.i have painted my commander and i have equiped him with a missile pod and plasma rifle and a multitracker.but now i am split with a few options.the fusion is cool but should i equip my commander with it or i equip him with sumthing else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2005, 12:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: to fusion blaster or not

My personal preference is the Helios Shas'O. In other words this:

Shas'O, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Shield Gennerator, Hard Wired Multi Tracker. Comes out to 133 points and has the capability to take on and kill pretty much anything aswell as the close combat skill, wounds, and save to survive against almost anything. It puts the full power of the commander to use and using the IC protections you can also keep him very safe. In my army he is the ultimate fall back plan. If all else fails, well my Shas'O can likely do it.

But its all up to you. I just think slapping the fireknife on a commander is somewhat a waste. I tend to prefere commanders that use different equipment than the rest of the army, using things they can put to use better than anyone else.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2005, 13:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ReApEr

ill second that i use that configoration to and it has alot of effect if you like to take your commander out for a spin.

ReApEr
Old 14 Dec 2005, 13:52   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

oh i see.but i heard that shield generators are useless in the new rules?but i like the idea

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 14 Dec 2005, 14:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis_vyper
oh i see.but i heard that shield generators are useless in the new rules?but i like the idea
What?

Perhaps you are thinking of "Shield Drones" and not "Shield Generators", Shield Generators work just fine under the new/current rules.

Currently Shield Drones are not as functional as the should be, however that has been taken care of in the new codex.

Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2005, 14:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Vega62a

Quote:
Currently Shield Drones are not as functional as the should be, however that has been taken care of in the new codex.
Well, we don't KNOW that, not having read the new codex yet, but we can hope.

I personally love fusion blasters, in general. CQB Terminator squad moving to charge your XV8 squad? Show 'em who's boss! Pesky Land Raider giving your troops crap? Jump up and roll 2d6 for armor penetration! Got command squad problems? Me either.

At s8 ap2, you instakill just about anything that's not really, really big (tyranids and necrons, for example). That includes Force Commanders and Characters. Yes, you have to get close, but that's what JSJ and cover are for.

Shield drones are great for high-point games. Give your commander a bodyguard unit and have one of them equipped with a Drone Controller and two shield drones, and you get an extra two 4+ saves.

*Shifty eyes*
*psst* (Don't tell them I told you this, but you can also be a prick and give both of your bodyguards SGs and bask in the bullcrap that is Majority Save. In my opinion, 3 hard point options that can hit on a 2+, two of which can be fired in a turn, is too good an opportunity to miss if you've got the points for a squad to guard him.)

If you don't, helios is probably best unless you're fighting something like Dark Eldar, in which case I'd go with a FK, becaues DE don't really have anything that a MP can't take care of.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 14:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Fireblade has read the codex :P and all the rumors for the drone fix are pretty well confirmed.

I like a Shas'el with twin plasma rifles, fusion blaster, and hardwired multitracker. The plasma hits more often than a Shas'O, and the whole package only costs 96 points! The fusion is a nice little bonus. I use him to hunt any marines or elite troops that get too close, especially terminators. Dropping 3 of those with one model can scare the hell out of your opponent.
DireStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2005, 15:13   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

oh ok.tanks fireblade.and direstrike's idea is interesting but i like the fluff more cos shas'o have more effect than shas'vre when it comes to naming your commander. ;D.im still open for a commander configuration.ANY configuration.oh yeah vega,what is your commander configuration and thanks for the shield gen tips

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 14 Dec 2005, 16:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

This hasn't been mentioned yet. But if you haven't already, dont glue the weapons onto your suits. Your going to want to switch weapons because no one config. can do everything (sunfire is close though). Plus with the rumoured SI weapons coming out with the new codex, you're probably going to want to change up your config. anyway.

Liin~

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
LiinSivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2005, 16:17   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

lucky i didnt glue in the weapons yet! ;D.how do i switch them.any ideas? ???

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT