Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Exterminatus
Closed Thread
Old 13 Dec 2005, 00:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Exterminatus

rereading the codex while on the can- it says that O'shova wiped out several ork worlds with exterminatus. now, this is from a RT point of view so that means that Tau tech on ending worlds is similair to Imp.
thoughts?
~good hunting
ps: anyone else totally siked about O'shova- reread the Tau codex on his section, money says he's not warped on tainted, he's just done his best to survive without the Aun but still protecting the Empire.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 01:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Exterminatus

Yea... there is nothing like ending all life on a planet like a virus that is infinitely deadly and dies fast.

So, whats your point? I think O'shovah is being influenced somehow... he was corrupted and killed an Ethereal. He was able to fairly master the evil in his sword, and now uses it to further the Tau empire the only way he can. He's also kindof war-torn and Xeno-hating...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 13 Dec 2005, 01:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

O'Shovah= renegade who may knwo somethign we don't.

As for exterminus: it just makes me sick. I hope its quick.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 13 Dec 2005, 01:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Yea... there is nothing like ending all life on a planet like a virus that is infinitely deadly and dies fast.

So, whats your point? I think O'shovah is being influenced somehow... he was corrupted and killed an Ethereal. He was able to fairly master the evil in his sword, and now uses it to further the Tau empire the only way he can. He's also kindof war-torn and Xeno-hating...
Xeno-hating? Wouldn't that basically mean that he would hate himself and the Tau empire? If so, then what reason would he have to continue expanding the empire?

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Old 13 Dec 2005, 01:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

What? No, xeno means different, alien... from the subjects point of view. So to the Tau the humans, eldar, orks, etc are Xeno. To the Humans its everything else. Xeno only encompases the Tau because most fluff is from the Imperial perspective.

Old 13 Dec 2005, 01:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

MECHTAU
-it never says that O'shova was corrupted, or that he killed his ethereal, or that the sword is evil- or that he mastered anything, read the frakken codex before you contaminate the post with this drivel.
now, as to xeno hating
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
he uses human auxileries and his forces have been seen fighting with chaos marines, eldar, orks, and renegade humans.
your making crazy assumptions that just don't make any sense.

as to exterminatus, i don't think its viral- perhaps its what the covenant do- plasma burning. the tau have never been known to use bio weapons.
~good hunting
Old 13 Dec 2005, 01:59   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Simmer down.* I am sure you can correct someone politely without being insulting.* **

But yes, we don't really know much about what happened on Arthas Moloch that drove Farsight from the Empire.* Hopefully this will be clarified a little more in the updated codex.* Exterminatus as performed by the Imperium is really just a strategy, rather than a specific technique.* The Imperium has a number of ways to do it, including Virus Bombs, Cyclonic Torpedoes, and other such doomsday weapons.* The effect is the same as whatever O'Shovah did to the Orks, but he may not have used the same exact technology.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 02:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Calmsword, CALM DOWN. Mechtau was refering to fluff other than the codex which says or very strongly hints, ie O'Shova went into a room with the etheral and the etheral never came out. His sword was said to be necron based, someone around here said that in another thread but I can't find it... :P

And he's Xeno hating because the Imperium killed alot of Tau and everybody but ork players hates orks.
There's alot of fluff out there writen by GW about the Tau that's not in the Codex so keep an open mind please, it helps with this entire game ;D

Old 13 Dec 2005, 02:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

your pardon.
what fluff is this? i know about the 'cron theory, but thats all speculation. i got a little bent out of shape. i know he can't stand the Imperium- as is evident in the actions of Brightsword- but he still uses aux. i attempt to collect as much infor as i can on official fluff, its one of the only reasons i play this game.
~good hunting
Old 13 Dec 2005, 03:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quotes and references if you please. Its one thing to mention other fluff its another to state an oppinion with no common backing. With the more obscure fluff you not only cant trust it as much in general (there are exceptions of course) but you also have to recognize that many people arent going to know it.

I am not sure about the sword, havent formed an oppinion yet. As for O'Shovah I think he is not tainted or the murderer of his etherial but that he is disgruntled, perhaps ashamed, perhaps vengefull but still serving the Tauva as he sees it. He may hate Xeno but he is a military commander and a warrior and is not likely to disregard resources including auxilaries.

Thats just my oppinion from the stuff I have currently read, it is always subject to change. As for exterminatus I would think it is more of a plasma bombing (what was that gun they used in firewarrior to destroy the prison???) not sure ion something maybe. Im not a battlefleet gothic player.

Closed Thread