Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Know your self [Discussion]
Closed Thread
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:04   #21 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

Default Re: Know your self

Point taken. I have removed all te offending

posts (I was going to do it, but I'm too lazy) and will post what has been updated

in future.

PS I have updated the thread.

It now has a finnished

weapons list

I never lose, I choose not to win.

There are two types of people, those who like chocolate and communists.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
Old 02 Aug 2004, 06:43   #22 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

Could some one please do me an equipment section? I havenít looked at a dex for several moths now, and don't have access to one.

Old 02 Aug 2004, 08:22   #23 (permalink)
Shas'El

when u say equipment section wot do u actually mean?

Crisis thingys?
or equipment from the armoury?
or something else/

Im not sure...
(Its probably obvious but im not with it this mornin!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 02 Aug 2004, 12:50   #24 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

ill see what i can do in the next 24 hrs (gonna sleep now, too much anxiety waiting for dawn of war open beta)
Old 02 Aug 2004, 14:20   #25 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

Yeah the stuff from the armory

Old 04 Aug 2004, 13:23   #26 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hard Wired Support Systems

Multi Tracker: more expensive then the normal one, but itll be worth it in keeping your crisis suit alive a bit longer.. assuming youve equiped the 3 hard points with 2 guns and a shield gen.. thats where i view that itll come handy.. also on a commander it could be potentially devastating for the enemy as he'll be shooting two weapons at his high ballistic skill..

Target Lock: depends on squad, eg broadsides, team leader has normal kit, + shield gen/drone controller, + HW TL.. while the other two broadsides have a Target Lock and drone controller.. this configuration allows you to take many drones as well as have your broadside team shoot at 3 different targets in one turn..

Blacksun Filter: useful for nightfight. take as many of these as you can in nightfight scenarios if you have the points and the hard points/hard wired spaces.

Drone Controller: the next best thing when you cant get a shield generator, use drones to add a small amount of firepower to your squad as well as adding a bit o' metal to soak up some hits. also useful for allocating heavy weapon shots to, that might otherwise kill your precious (controlling model) outright if its say, an ethereal or broadsides.

Drones

Gun drones: adds firepower, twinlinked carbines are good, although short ranged. good for allocating heavy weapon shots to.

Shield Drones: these get in the way of shots that might/will kill/wound the controlling model. if its an expensive unit, these might help keep them alive (a bit longer heh)

Tau Vehicle Upgrades

Sensor Spines: depends on scenario and opponent.. eg tyranids (lictors) or catachans.. and also if minefields are permitted.

Targeting array: hammerhead already has this, devilfish would do better with it.. although keep in mind the devilfish only controls the burst cannon, the d'fish drones use their own bs. although the relatively low points cost is probably worth it (i dont have d'fish or hammerhead so i wouldnt know :S).

Multi Tracker: This is essential in keeping your vehicle alive longer, mobile, and still able to fire. (remember, move more then 6" each time to only get glancing hits. with this you can also fire a railgun in retaliation for example =P)

Blacksun filter: when nightfight is in play, this is also essential, your not limiting the range of your (hammerhead) weapons as much as they would normally be.

Target Lock: you might not need this until the 4th edition rules come out, but when they do, it will allow a typical hammerhead (railgun + burst cannons) to fire at 3 different targets even when you have moved more then 6". this has potential, and with the edition less then a month away, this will soon give your army a slight advantage.

Pair of gun drones: normally the devilfish takes this, but they're good for adding a little bit of extra firepower (provided you can find somewhere to put it on your hammerhead).

Flechette Discharger: not as necessary, im not familiar with the DoG rule, so maybe take it if your thinking about tank shocking high moral troops.

Disruption Pod: only really works against vehicles that are only just in range of you.. most of the time youll be moving, so this upgrade seems pretty useless to me, seeing as it would be logical to move away from the enemy tank.. and return fire with the railgun.

Decoy Launchers: these are good, they keep you tank alive even longer, and on top of that, tau tanks are skimmers so if they get immobolised again.. theyll just float.. right?

Seeker Missiles: unlimited range is something your troops could do with when wanting fire support from a tank thats on the otherside of the board.. it has pretty good AP and strength, on top of that it hits on 2+ (after markerlight has hit).

well thats all from me, i dont think im right in some places, so pplz correct me..

and when is this going to be posted on site? if it is.. check for spelling errors :S..

- maCe*out
Old 04 Aug 2004, 13:38   #27 (permalink)
Shas'El

The decoy launchers are even more effective with the use of landing gear (something added to tau vehicles so if they dont move they dont get destroyed when immobilised.
Quote:
Quote:
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
Old 04 Aug 2004, 13:42   #28 (permalink)
Shas'O

so thats what landing gear does? i dont have rulebook :S.. does using landing gear affect the vehicle in any other way then?
Old 04 Aug 2004, 13:44   #29 (permalink)
Shas'El

no not that im aware of... it jus stops tau skimmers from being destroyed if imobilised, if they havent moved last turn...

I think thats it but i spose im not really sure either!!! - but i am ceretain about wot i have already said
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04 Aug 2004, 13:46   #30 (permalink)
Shas'O

hmm is that from the rulebook?