Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Finally, no more Daemonhunter problems
Closed Thread
Old 12 Dec 2005, 03:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Finally, no more Daemonhunter problems

I have just developed a tactic to kill that DH army that kills you so quickly.

My friend has a cheesy DH's army, its more like a Grey Knights army, consisting of:

Grand master- maxed out Termie retinue

additional termie squad

callidus assassin

x2 minimum storm trooper squads

x3 teleporting GK squads

dreadnought-lascannon, missile launcher

lance strike

How I beat this? well I had 12 crisis decked out with either x2 PR's (not twinlinked), PR and FB, PR and MP, all have Multi trackers, 6 stealth suits as bait, 1 rail head w/ various upgrades and 1 broadside, also FW's as filler

now for deployment, my friend sets up his Storm troopers, and dreadnought, everything else deep strikes. spread out forces to occupy as much space as possible, take over my half of the board w/ units, target dready w/ rail guns and eliminate it. use stealth suits to lure storm troopers, and wait for deep strikers. once they arrive he's stupid enough to let them scatter into my units and die. tries picking off units w/ shooting because he cant assault, callidus WILL engage something he engaged FW's. when my turn came 'round i eliminated all his GK's was able to kill callidus and wait for storm troopers to get killed

Note: do you have tactics for killing DH's? if so tell people, I'm sure their tired of that cheesy DH player!
and the god we once believed in,
the butcher and his crown
raped the land we used to sleep in,
and tomorrow chimes the ghostly crimes
that haunt tobacco island."
~Flogging Molly, Tobacco Island

www.floggingmolly.com
Old 12 Dec 2005, 03:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Finally, no more DH problems

yea uh huh... wait say what????

I have really no problems at all what so ever in pulping GK, even full Daemonhunters are not so hard. All of our strengths play right against their weaknesses and simply maxing on GKs is not cheesy its just plain unbalanced. With lots of tanks he will simply be unable to do much to you.

Let me put it this way they have no power fists and no meltas, the best GK anti tank is the lascannons on the land raider and the dread. A solid slug, maybe 2 can easily turn that dread to dead. The assassine can be a pain but so far they have pretty much been one trick things against me. Maybe whipe out a squad of Firewarriors but then either massed pulse fire or my shas'O's fusion blaster get rid of them without anymore incident. A couple submunitions will get rid of the IG and if the GK foot slog well run Hammerheads and devilfish right up infront of them and blast away. There is not a whole lot they can do and you get within shrouding. Forming a tank wall you can even dump Firewarriors out back and rapid fire them for a while. If they deep strike they are stationary for a turn and you can pretty easily drop back and rapid fire them. Interpose tanks in their way and keep rapid firing them and blast away with burst cannons, railguns, fusion blasters and plasma rifles at close range using the tanks and JSJ over terrain as a wall against cc.

Grey Knights are really not hard at all, probably one of the easiest armies to face with Tau. I cant remember a time Ive lost to them and when Ive tied them its because they brought a lot of sisters of battle as allies or it was a 2 on 2 mission and I was diverted to fight something else.

Old 12 Dec 2005, 03:47   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

an entirely deepstriking army doesn't phase you, he uses 10 storm troopers, 30 GKs deepstriking, and 20 GK Termies deepstriking, and while our strengths play to their weaknesses their strengths play to our weaknesses! and ussually i have an ethereal and thats where th assassain comes in to make me fall back but I cut him from my army, bacame useless.

www.floggingmolly.com
Old 12 Dec 2005, 03:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

No it doesnt, he may deepstrike, thats fine now hes in rapid fire range and shrouding doesnt help him much. Ill just pack up and skoot away while my Hammerheads have fun blasting him apart. That is an awefull lot of GK but a few helios Shas'O and some twin plasma and fusion suits are going to do a lot of damage to that and with a fair number of tanks you can pack up Firewarriors and just wall him in with armor. Its a bit much to take on but its a very expencive army points wise and the equivilant forces you fan field are going to rip throug him.

Perhaps GK do have strengths over our weaknessess... good luck getting there. They just cannot catch us if you do it right. Is your army static or something? Because such a force Deep striking against a static army is... well... yea thats not so great but a hybrid or mech army will, in my experience, do very well against Daemonhunters in general and especially an almost pure GK list.

Old 12 Dec 2005, 04:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14th cadre
x2 PR's (not twinlinked)
er...I'm afraid that this config. is illegal, and therefore you just cheated your opponent.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 04:14   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah I have a static army, no devilfish for me( I would if my friend didn't break it and refuse to pay for it, so I took his termies and strapped them to some firecrackers) It's just been hard for me to kill him and we rarely finish a game because he bends, breaks, misinterprets, and will argue all of the rules to death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
Quote:
x2 PR's (not twinlinked)
er...I'm afraid* that this config. is illegal, and therefore you just cheated your opponent.
excuse me where does it say you cannot do this and you pay more for them to not be twinlinked, makes sense to all the players in my area.

www.floggingmolly.com
Old 12 Dec 2005, 05:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Tau Codex, page 17 under the heading of Crisis Battlesuit Weapons it says this:

"It is possible to mount the same weapon system (not if it is a flamer though) on two hard points instead of one. The two weapons will then fire like a single twin-linked weapon. It is not possible to mount the same weapon on three hard points. Note that unless the multi-tracker support system is fitted, Tau battlesuits may only fire a single weapon type each turn."

There it is, in black and white.

Old 12 Dec 2005, 05:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
yeah I have a static army, no devilfish for me( I would if my friend didn't break it and refuse to pay for it, so I took his termies and strapped them to some firecrackers) It's just been hard for me to kill him and we rarely finish a game because he bends, breaks, misinterprets, and will argue all of the rules to death!
: if he's willing to be that much of a pain to play against, stop playing against him. Even if he's your only regular opponent, if your not willing to play against him, that's just more games he will miss out on until he changes his ways. No wonder you can't beat this guy, you let him decide what your allowed to use. Heck you should get all huffy and puffy about him using only the minimum troop allotment.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 07:00   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Finally, no more Daemonhunter problems

Your friend isn't using a legal army, either.* Assassins may only be taken if there is an Inquisitor in the army.

Grey Knights have no strengths that line up well with the Tau's weaknesses. They are good in close combat, but the Tau are weak enough that Grey Knights are no better than normal Space Marines while costing much more. Basically, a Grey Knight-heavy army fighting Tau is just a poorly-composed Space Marine list with a significant handicap in points.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 07:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Finally, no more Daemonhunter problems

So basically we have two cheaters playing each other, and one of them is looking to get an edge...and we're helping why, exactly? :P

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread