Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Psykers and the Tau Empire
Closed Thread
Old 10 Dec 2005, 04:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Psykers and the Tau Empire

We know the Tau themselves are not psychic at all, and have no ability to manipulate the warp themselves except through gravtic hooks.

So what I wonder is what is their attitude on those with psychic ability? Are they interested in using them for travel or communication? Assuming it's been some time since the Damocles Crusade, the human colonists would've had offspring, who would've had more, etc. and there exists the probability that at least a few have psyker genes? So how would the Tau react if they realized this? And what about other races, such as the Nicassar or Kroot? What is their attitude towards those able to harness the warp?
Old 10 Dec 2005, 04:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: Psykers and the Tau Empire

Probalbly experamenting on them so they can make a machine that does the same thing.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 05:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

As the Tau haven't really been exposed to Chaos yet, they probably think - "Hey look! Psyker! That's handy, lets make him part of the Greater Good."

This might change once a few get possesed >

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 10 Dec 2005, 07:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

well... well lets see, the Tau know what daemons are- crazy aliens that show up in psyker races, the niccassar don't seem to have that problem but the Tau probably think that any race willing to put that kinds of disaster in charge of a vessel (or make a plasma weapon that can kill the user) could have succeded. they will never use them to drive their own vessels because there is no need- they make hops that are slower, but their 100% safe. now- perhaps they would use psykers for FTL communication, but probably little else.
~good hunting
Old 10 Dec 2005, 07:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What do gravitic hooks have to do with Psi?

Although.. the Tau as a race don't seem (fluff wise anyhoo) to be so restricted as the the mighty empire of man(and thier massive machine spirit mentality) and would probably be quite happy to strap a gue'vesa psyker up to some experimental new warp drive and see what lil'psi boy could crank out as a far as a lil warp speed might show. The Tau (fluff wise again- should be one the next major super powers in the galaxy) after the full fall of the empire of man(which would make for great fluff as man re-builds from nothing)IMHOP

Double-post fixed. - Khanaris
Old 10 Dec 2005, 09:00   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Don't double-post, use the modify button.

You also seem to be confusing Psykers and Navigators. Only Navigators can steer a ship through the Warp; normal Psykers (even Astropaths!) cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 10 Dec 2005, 15:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yet the Tau wouldn't know that, now would they? What about if they wanted to test human psykers to see what they were capable of...do I sense a series of events similar to Akira?
Old 10 Dec 2005, 16:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

but why? why would the tau after seeing what psykers can get into, why would they ever want to put them in charge of their ships. and wargamers right its the Navigator gene not every psyker, you need that whole third eye bussiness.
~good hunting
Old 10 Dec 2005, 16:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yet assuming several Sanctioned Psykers were left behind from the Damocles Crusade as well, it's not like they would just settle down and become the local sages people would go to to seek wisdom from...(tell us a story Grandpa Brain.)

Hypothetical Fluff:

Test subject number twenty-five was showing more promise than his predecessors. Already he was able to move about tables and chairs with his mind, and was capable of bending spoons for laughs (for this telekinesis was an easily recordable dependent variable). Now, for the coup-de-grace, he took a toroidial object, held it in suspended animation, then moved a chair through it with utmost precision. The intercom buzzed on and the voice of Ethereal Aun'la Sho'ra could be heard.

"Very good Arturius. You show much promise; that'll be all for today."
Arturius bowed in humility and exited the now opened door to head back to his quarters to meditate.

Sho'ra was looking impressed with this new gue'vesa until tapped on the shoulder by his counterpart Aun'ui Chi'ro.
"This project has to stop. This is the 25th subject we're on; everyone else is dead."
"But we're getting better," protested Sho'ra with an air of calm. "Each subject generally lasts longer under more trying circumstances...we've learned much about these humans extranatural abilities and in time we may be able to apply them to our own race."
"But considering the high mortality rate of these 'psykers,' and stories of these 'warp beasts'...'"
"They'll have died for the Greater Good; and a couple of beasts are nothing our technology can't handle. Can't you see Por'ra? These humans are the key to unlocking our true potential, and with that potential, we shall reforge the galaxy in our likeness."
"I guess you're right," replied Por'ra, as he exited the room in worry.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 16:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Psykers taste good, especially when they're fried, and with ketchup!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Closed Thread