Warhammer 40K Forum

Lack of fun; Fluffy rules
Closed Thread
Old 07 Dec 2005, 04:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Lack of fun; Fluffy rules

The Tau have so few fun rules...

Ethereal is fun and has Fluff - based rules.

Stealthsuits!

And finally JSJ is our last fun, Tau-only rule...

Looking at almost any other army... well, take the Culexus Assasin has at least 6 rules that are fun and fluff related...

AND I WANT SOME FOR TAU!!!

Battle Rage when an Ethereal dies would be nice... amoung other, more fluff based and bacic things...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 07 Dec 2005, 04:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: Lack of fun; Fluffy rules

Well, I disagree.* Tau have plenty of fun rules.* In addition to what you've mentioned, we have crisis that can fire 2 weapons, target different enemies in the same phase, skimmers that can move 12" and land a non-scattering blast on an enemy squad, smart missiles that don't need LOS to fire, blacksun filters to help shoot at night, disruption pods to decrease enemy range, sensor spines, flechette dischargers, kroot with fieldcraft.... and we need more?

{edit}

don't forget firing rapid fire weapons at long range whilst moving!
Old 07 Dec 2005, 05:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Actually, we have some of the "funest" rules out there, we're just so used to them we take firing two weapons at once for granted.
Old 07 Dec 2005, 15:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
we take firing two weapons at once for granted.
I know I sure do! I borrowed a freinds Ork army and attemted firing two weapons at once multiple times. He was about to hit me until I won. ;D

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 08 Dec 2005, 03:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Let's not forget bonding. That is one of my favorite rules out there, So fluffly and very useful.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Closed Thread