Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Campaign Rules
Closed Thread
Old 07 Dec 2005, 00:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Tau Campaign Rules

theres been recent talk of Tau battle rage- and it started me thinking about what would make sense for Tau in a large campaign- say world to system based.
heres what i have so far- your welcome to add.
Ethereal- there can only be one ethereal per Coalition army (figuere one per action, attacking a world)
Shas'Ar'Tol- the supreme commander, there are multiple Shas'O but only on Ar'Tol. Coordinates entire action, if he dies individual commanders take command of their own cadres.
death of an Ethereal- Tau cannot use any actions for one campaign turn, however afterword, for D3 campaign turns Tau units count as being +1 Ld (fearless?) but cannot build anything (to represent them sallying forth...)

~good hunting
Old 07 Dec 2005, 01:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Tau Campaign Rules

I figure in a large scale attack there would be an Etheral council, more like one per Cadre. As for Shas'Ar'Tol, you could certainly have it so one Shas'O is the head commander, and if he gets killed, or the head Aun'O gets killed, then the rest of the 'Os and 'Els must take a Ld test to move thier forces. Although I think with Tau they could work fairly independantly at the Cadre level, Grand Cadres are more organizational than affecting Tau capabilities. Maybe if you use LD or some type of strategy rating, that would be downgraded with such a death, but the Tau would still work well.

Another thing to add is that there may be Aux. forces meant to hold the lines, so in a campaign where Allies aren't allowed, Tau should be able to have Guard and Kroot Merc allies (IE complete armies that move independantly) and those armies can be attacked before the Tau ones are (the Aux. armies hold the line, the Tau give localized support to push lines back.)
Old 07 Dec 2005, 01:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Campaign Rules

mmm- apparently fluff wise Aun'O are in charge of Septs, not armies. the only time an Aun'O appears in gaming is in BFG, but i think its a little weird. anyway, i would imagine that the Aun in position of a military movement would have a single advisor at the most- not a council. agree with the aux rule.

speaking of councils- why would the ethereals ever have a council, have you read how they operate? there always scattered- kind of like what the jedi were originally before lucas went and learned how to shove an entire boot into the ar$e of a genre.
~good hunting