Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Planets and Fluff
Closed Thread
Old 29 Nov 2005, 19:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau Planets and Fluff

Does anyone know of a list of the planets in the tau empire? Im also looking for as much fluff on the Tau as possible. So if anyone know of websites or books other than codex that would be great. thanks
Old 29 Nov 2005, 20:19   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tau Planets and Fluff

Well I myself created the world of Tel'Oshi; a world that has taken the brunt of the Tyranid invasion. Tel'Oshi and the Septs nearby are known as the Tel'Oshi Cluster, or Tel'Oshi Gate. Casualty rates have been appauling, often in the 80-90% margin, but so far not a single Tyranid has breached the warzone, and the Shas raised there are becoming extremely skilled Tyranid Hunters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 29 Nov 2005, 21:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

i have a fluff bible! including a vast massive and huge amount of fluff on vior'la. its not with me im afraid, and i wont be able to get to it for 2 weeks with college.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 29 Nov 2005, 23:10   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
i have a fluff bible!
What is a fluff bible is it a black library type thing or is it different
Old 30 Nov 2005, 01:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Its an unofficial collection of articles taken from WD, Codices and other published sources (often out of print). Generally not the sort of thing you should be distributing over a public forum - breach of IP and all.

A list of Tau planets is going to be quite big, depending on whether you count moons, orbitals and other colonised objects, a Sept is closer to a system (or possibly even a couple of systems) than a single world I think.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 01:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

[ edited out ] i myself have been compiling worlds mentioned in fluff in the Ultima Segmentum- its pretty big.
but seriosly- i think we should compile one on this site, all planets and septs would have to be official- not made up, anyone agree?
~good hunting
Old 30 Nov 2005, 03:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It's a good idea, except that it's a massive violation of GW's copyright. They have shut down quite a few sites for posting a quarter of the info that the Fluff Bible holds. Unless you want GW's lawyers coming after Tau Online don't try to make a compilation and don't advertise that you have a copy of the Fluff Bible that you can give to others. I recieved a rather stern warning when I posted a bunch of Primarch information on the Black Library site in response to the almost daily requests and I wouldn't want to see Tau Online experiencing anything similar.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 04:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
but seriosly- i think we should compile one on this site, all planets and septs would have to be official- not made up, anyone agree?
No, we will do nothing of the sort. As Commander Vimes pointed out, it's a huge violation of GW's copyright and IP Policy.

Please discontinue all further discussion on the fluff bible (regardless of how relevant it might be) and get back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celedor_Moonsong
Does anyone know of a list of the planets in the tau empire? Im also looking for as much fluff on the Tau as possible. So if anyone know of websites or books other than codex that would be great. thanks
Well, firstly you have the codex fluff and map at the back, but apart from the codex, the only fluff pieces on the Tau are in the White Dwarf issues during and directly after the initial release of the Tau (WD 262 onwards I think, if you're in Australia), and fluff on the GW website, more specifically, the Tau section of the UK website (there's a fair bit there)

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/background/1/
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/background/2/
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/background/3/
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/background/4/
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ mace
link=topic=14330.msg229288#msg229288 date=1133328648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celedor_Moonsong
Well, firstly you have the codex fluff and map at the back, but apart from the codex, the only fluff pieces on the Tau are in the White Dwarf issues during and directly after the initial release of the Tau (WD 262 onwards I think, if you're in Australia), and fluff on the GW website, more specifically, the Tau section of the UK website (there's a fair bit there)

Thanks for that mace
I have been looking for simmilar sort of stuff to make up the background fluff for my army

Shas'El blindsight

1) Know your army's fluff.

2) Know your army's rules to a reasonable degree.

3) Don't post like a six year old.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG

I just invent my Tau planets, designing them to ressemble what I think a Tau world will look like

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Closed Thread