Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Forge World Rules
Closed Thread
Old 29 Nov 2005, 02:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Forge World Rules

I am very interested in purchasing the Forge World models to use with my 40K Tau army. (We allow Forge World models in our local tournaments...if you fork out $100+ for a model, you should be able to use it!)

However, the links at this topic ( http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=7313.0 ) are no longer valid. I have no problem forking out the dough for the models, but now the only rules from their site are available in the Imperial Armour III: Taros Campaign, at 55 British pounds (that's like $97.00!!!) which is effectively a few rules and a lot of their pictures.

And they will not include the rules if you purchase the models.

So, does anyone know where we can get the rules on the great knarloc, knarloc riders, barracuda, piranha, and tetras (Update 2004 is no longer available either...)

I have the stats on the baggage knarloc from their free download if anyone is interested.

Old 29 Nov 2005, 02:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Forge World Rules

you are pretty much stuck buying the book. I havent had the spare cash to really think about buying forgeworld stuff, so i havent really looked into the Taros Campaign, but from what I hear it's a pretty good book.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 10:41   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny boy
you are pretty much stuck buying the book. I havent had the spare cash to really think about buying forgeworld stuff, so i havent really looked into the Taros Campaign, but from what I hear it's a pretty good book.
Well, from what I've seen of the previous two books, it looks like most of the book if fluff and their own artwork (which is OK, but not something I particularly care to pay for these days.)

It annoys me that after paying $200 or so for some models that I still have to shell out another $100 for the rules when a lot of the other stuff (IG, Orks, etc.) is available in a $20-$30 book.

But, you do what you have to do.

I'll keep waiting to see if there are any more links.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 13:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by splunge42
However, the links at this topic ( http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=7313.0 ) are no longer valid.*
How so? The links do work... :-\
Old 29 Nov 2005, 18:36   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I think Forge World pulled the Tetra and Piranha off, at least.* They were only experimental rules, at any rate.* The rules that were published in IA3 are a little different (and better).
Old 29 Nov 2005, 19:13   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

IA3 is a good book, but for 50 there are FAR too many type errors, with three or four on every other page. It's beautifully put together, with very nice artwork, but I have to say, for that amount of money, Forgeworld should be getting it right. Having said that though, the level of detail it goes into with regard to new Tau battlesuits and vehicles is absolutely spot on.

Loki.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 19:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Apparently there was a mixup with sending the edited copy to the printers, and FW were not pleased when IA3 hit the shelves...

Still love the book, though.

Gary

Gue'senshi: The 1st Kleistian Grenadiers(edited on 06 April 2006)
v7.3 pdf

Human armed forces for the greater good.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 04:00   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Is update 2004 still available? That would be worth picking up, but I can't find it on the website either.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 05:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire

I'd like to know the rules for the Knarloc!

If you want, I have all the experimental rules for Tau Forgeworld models. PM me if I don't reply.

Tyrehire

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 30 Nov 2005, 07:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Problem is that rules in IA update 2004 are not complete and they have changed a little so they have different form in IAV3. Also IAV 3 is supposed to be final vinal version of the tau rules, and in many cases tournaments allow forge world stuff but only if you have actual rules which mean in case of tau you need IAV3.
Closed Thread