Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

crazy DE
Closed Thread
Old 28 Nov 2005, 17:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default crazy DE

i have never played DE before ... the army that i am meant to face has 8 squads of 10 warriors with 2 dark lances a piece. so that means 16 shots, they have a bs of 4 (WHY?????) so 2/3 will hit - thats a lot of dead things. if i can make sure i have enough stuff surviving till my turn i can move, (and therefor get glancing hits) then plant some sub munitions and hope my stealth team can get close enough.

i have 3 HH, 2 DF, 2 Shas'el (cannot be targeted IC), 1 stealth team, 2x12 FW and 2 death rain. thats 16 Dark lance shots heading towards 5 tanks and 2 death rains...

there is only so much terrain you can hide behind. Any suggestions?
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: crazy DE

I have faced the DE massive number of troops with dark lances army before, and fw's are your best friend. Take some kroot to stave off any assault troops, such as grotesques, he might spring on you, and focus on troops with troop killing power. Your stealths, fw's, kroot, drones, and pathfinders will all come into their own, just be sure to keep your crisis and tanks well hidden from the bulk of his firepower, and you'll be fine.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, remember that crashed vehicles count as terrain. Also, hope for first turn.

Itīs worth remembering that his troops are wounded by 2+ by your pulse weapons, and get no save. Maybe you are better of starting close by to him.
Also, if possible, you should propably infiltrate stealths. This allows you to place them so they are close, in cover and where they are needed.

Also, since you have to deploy your tanks first, I suggest putting them as far as possible, and if he deploys close by, deploy your infantry in front so you are in range of pulse rifles.

Also, You might want to try to deploy(if terrain allows) tanks in corners different. This means unless your opponents places all of his troops in the middle/in the same corner, he canīt shoot both. You may manage to destroy those troops near one corner, so he is out of range of Lances. This would give you plenty of submunition time. Also remember to use disruption pods. They are more worth against lances then youīd think.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 19:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust
if i can make sure i have enough stuff surviving till my turn i can move, (and therefor get glancing hits) *
IIRC, skimmers count as moved at first turn, so glancing is all that they can do to you.
Or I'm wrong? ...really not sure.

[size=7pt]pag 71 of the RB says that a skimmer that is not immobilized count as moving more than 6" last turn, but I think that counts only for CC.[/size]
Old 28 Nov 2005, 19:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

yeah thats something i have never been clear on and have always given the opposition the benefit of the doubt as glancing hits is all he is gonna be causing for the rest of the game :P
Old 28 Nov 2005, 20:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

make mental notes as to what you dont want to see on your side of the table and destroy them early. crisis suits are great tank hunters against them as well as your heads so entangle thier troops and then rapid fire the suvivors.remeber everyone but the kroot denies them thier saves so wipe them out one squad at a time.

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Old 28 Nov 2005, 23:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust

there is only so much terrain you can hide behind. Any suggestions?* *
More infantry, less vehicals. Its the way I play my guard. WHo cares about the dark lances or lascannons when it only pokes a kroot or FW or IG infatry grunt.
Old 29 Nov 2005, 00:40   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hang on a sec. You say he has EIGHT squads of DE Warriors? Ther are a troops choice, therefore he can have a max of six squads, not the eight he is sporting. Just call him on it, and he will probably change it.

"98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig." -Oops, not anymore!
Old 29 Nov 2005, 02:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You really need to get more firewarriors and kroot. Massed firewarriors and kroot are your best bet against all those dark lances, though if he brings shredders and splinter cannons...
Old 29 Nov 2005, 02:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think the dark lances are on the ??ravenger?? which can be downed with Railheads beacause the worst penitration they can get is 11 and DE's best vehicle armour is 11 so your golden with the S10 ;D and AP1 ;D rail gun.

Closed Thread