Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Now you see me ....
Closed Thread
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Now you see me ....

There should be a stealth based Tau enclave, instead of a cc one. Farsight is great, but the entire concept of a stealth based Tau army is just too cool. I mean limited tanks, limited transports, but give them the option to take stealth. Hell give firewarriors the option to take stealth that would be pretty cool. Maybe unbalanced with the fire warriors, but pathfinders could sure use stealth, the whole point of a pathfinder squad is lighting the enemy from an unknown position, so stealth seems like a natrual upgrade for these guys. XV-15s with stealth is a little too much, but maybe a Hero in the XV-8 come on the Tau sure could use another Hero. And the auto-cannon is great, but it's so limiting. I'd love to hook a stealth squad up with some infantry rails.

On a side note a Kroot in stealth would look really funny.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 14:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Now you see me ....

Kroot in stealth would be awesome! They would basically be Predators. It would fit their fluff well too, as the Kroot prefer close-range and the stealth armor would help them frighten the enemy. People taste better when they are afraid. >

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 14:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Black Behemoth
Kroot in stealth would be awesome! They would basically be Predators. It would fit their fluff well too, as the Kroot prefer close-range and the stealth armor would help them frighten the enemy. People taste better when they are afraid.* >
kroot, stealth armour and a plasma rifle over the shoulder!! yes say hello predator
Old 25 Nov 2005, 19:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

it would be too limiting is the simple answer. stealths act as skirmisher units. and they are decent. they are not, and should not be made out to be core units of the tau army. but a player who knows his stuff will never be afraid of them. I'm not.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 25 Nov 2005, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Not Afraid? Then youve never had anyone use them correctly on you. they are the number one top priority must kill now target of all three of my regular opponents the only reason I dont field more than one unit is because the xv8s, are even better. I use the max of 6 with two gundrones taped to the bigsgt. and I regularly marker light up their target with my pathfinders or the shas ui of my fire warrior teams. Its usualy gruesome(and yes, I know its only one burst cannon per marker light but even two or three of em marked is nasty). obviosly not everything works every time, and if you leave these boys hanging out in the wrong place at the wrong time theyre just a giant point sink, but used intelligently they'll be a nasty thorn in anyones foot, and allow the rest of your army to get on with winning the game.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 22:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

A stealth suit enclave would suffer the same problems as pure demon-hunter forces do: low model count, lack of anti-tank firepower and over specialization. stealth's are good, but not that good. at 20 points a model, it would have trouble mounting much of a force, and the severe lack of anti-tank would mean that any army with a good tank count (IG, eldar, SMurfs of all colors) would massacre it. the rumored fusion blasters on stealth suits might make it more feasible, but when your basic trooper is 20 points and specilizes in blasting tyranid gaunts to hell, there is a limit on what you can do.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 12:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the anti tank its so much of a problem with the new stealth suit coming out they come with FB's
Old 27 Nov 2005, 00:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
A stealth suit enclave would suffer the same problems as pure demon-hunter forces do: low model count, lack of anti-tank firepower and over specialization. stealth's are good, but not that good. at 20 points a model, it would have trouble mounting much of a force, and the severe lack of anti-tank would mean that any army with a good tank count (IG, eldar, SMurfs of all colors) would massacre it. the rumored fusion blasters on stealth suits might make it more feasible, but when your basic trooper is 20 points and specilizes in blasting tyranid gaunts to hell, there is a limit on what you can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
the anti tank its so much of a problem with the new stealth suit coming out they come with FB's
If you read the emboldened text above, I actually mentioned the fusion blaster.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 06:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
If you read the emboldened text above, I actually mentioned the fusion blaster.
yer you said rumour, It no longer rumour as we have seen it on the models, you can even see a part of the FB on my avatar
Old 27 Nov 2005, 08:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Just wait till stealth suits get hard points...18 stealthy wounds pumping out 30 S5 shots, 12 of them pinning! Now that's worthy of markerlight support!!!!

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread