Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help VS Eldar
Closed Thread
Old 23 Nov 2005, 04:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rodent
Default Help VS Eldar

Hey everyone. Me and my friends have just gotten into 40k over the last 3 months, and my friend is deciding to get the eldar. He has said once he has put them together, he wants to battle me, and since I am new, I know nothing of how the Eldar fight. We are both using the contents of the $50 box each team has, which is pretty much Eldar guardians and Fire Warriors, and I was wondering if any of you can help. The big fight is going down in 2 () days and I need help. Also, does anyone have any idea if my current Ethereal will still be usable once the new codex is out? Cheers
Old 23 Nov 2005, 05:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Help VS Eldar

Your Etherial should still be perfectly legit.

So in other words you two have:

1 Devilfish and 8 Firewarriors

1 Wave Serpent and 8 Guardians

Well his tank is superior to yours and your infantry are superior to yours. He can mount some serious firepower on his tank but your troops have better armor and weapons. Sit back and shoot his guardians apart. You can easily shoot them all down in 1 or 2 rounds of shooting. His tank is going to be the problem. If you can get around behind it and rapid fire into its rear you have a chance of downing it. Otherwise you have a problem.

See he can mount heavy weapons on his tank, you cannot. So his vehicle has a marked advantage but your infantry is far superior to his. Use your strengths. Use mobility to try and slip around behind the Wave serpent. Get in close then skim right around behind and shoot into rear armor. If you can rapid fire his guardians when they are not in cover they are utterly gonners.

Good luck.

Old 23 Nov 2005, 05:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rodent

Well, actually, he was going to use his 16 guardians and I was going to use the 12 fire warriors, but thanks anyway.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 05:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Well, actually, he was going to use his 16 guardians and I was going to use the 12 fire warriors, but thanks anyway.
16 guardians vs 12 fire warriors? should be easy. just set them up at the very back of your deployment zone and shoot at him as he come to you. give all your warriors rifles and you should be able to kill every one of his pointy heads before he gets to 18". as a mater of fact, i would put a $20 down that if you just sit back and shoot you can kill them all in the first 3 turns. anyone have a paypal? jk :P
Old 23 Nov 2005, 05:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah...six fire warriors can win against 16 guardians, let alone 12 firewarriors. You hit on 4+ and wound on 2+, no armor save...what more o you need? Against pulse weaponry, eldar might as well be IG...

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 23 Nov 2005, 05:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Except when they're in that wave serpent. Then it's the tau's turn to die.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 09:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

42's "Guide to eldar slaying" - from the old Tactics index (no longer updated, but still mentioned in the important topics sticky)
Old 23 Nov 2005, 09:27   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

As an Eldar player, I will give this advice...

DO NOT GET WITHIN 12"!

If that happens, you're as good as dead. Eldar are masters of assault and close-range shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 23 Nov 2005, 14:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
1 Devilfish and 8 Firewarriors

1 Wave Serpent and 8 Guardians

If you can get around behind it and rapid fire into its rear you have a chance of downing it. Otherwise you have a problem.
Thats not the only solution to the problem the fire worriors could use a marklighter and a few seekers to down the Wave Serpent and then let the Gardians leg it across the rest of the table into the welcoming arms of pulse weapons.

Old 23 Nov 2005, 18:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

With all the upgrades available to the Eldar Im not sure a single seeker, or even two or three or all 4 could reliably take down a Wave Serpent front on. Ive tried, didnt work too well.

Closed Thread