Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

O'Shovah fluff training rule, maybe ...
Closed Thread
Old 22 Nov 2005, 21:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default O'Shovah fluff training rule, maybe ...

I'm actually a fan of O'shovah and I though of something fluffy that would be a good add to his CC trained army. Maybe it is a bit like Eldar/SM style of upgrades, but still, I like the idea and think I should post it. During my walk to school this morning, I thought that Tau could somehow think of doing something when they get assaulted other than photon grenades/standing still and hoping to make it alive. They could for that purpose, here is my idea, shoot while they get charged at, counting as a free move ... Here I thought it could work :
+10/15 pts upgrade, avaliable to team leaders (or simply shas'ui, to include all the suits) allowing them to mind their warriors to hold their ground and aim when they obiviously know they are getting assaulted by taking a LD test and, instead of preparing to fight back, try a last lucky shot at their foes.
This would allow a single shoot per model but remove 1 of their attack for the CC phase.
Now that I read it back, it could not make any sense, but at first I tough of it like a single squad, having spoted charging imp guards and, instead of getting prepared to get swiped, their Shas'ui team leader, cold blooded, tell them to aim and hold and FIRE just before the ennemy strikes.
Why O'shovah ? because he is the only wise Tau leader to adapt to CC battles and so on, he try to find out ways to be affective at it.

As a resumé, O'shovah shas'ui's should be allowed to take a special rule, lets name it ''last fire'', at a point cost per units wich would allow them to shoot at their opponents when they get assaulted. To do so, they would have to pass a LD test. If they fail, assault resolve normally. If the test is successful, each model is allowed a single shot but gain a -1 attack for the CC resolution.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 21:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ACE666
Default Re: O'Shovah fluff training rule, maybe ...

That sounds interesting. It would be good to see how that works but i get the feeling that there will be a few people who see otherwise (there always is)
But then again i don't play Farsight.
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliel
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 22 Nov 2005, 21:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

In a real battle the firewarriors would be rapid firing right up until they get hit in the face. It's not like they're standing there while the enemy charges. GW doesn't let people use ranged weapons in close combat in 40k.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 22:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Except Orks bizarrely, massive fans of ranged combat that they are...
Who have the option to replace their 4 WS4 S3 choppa attacks with 3 BS2 S5 ones
Old 23 Nov 2005, 01:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, this rule would only apply to the first round, and as FW only have 1 attack, its the last thing they would do in that round ... anyway, just an idea.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 07:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to flowerfall

I play O'SHovah and the only thing I think should change is a higher weapon skill and and stength Initiative for St 4 I4 WS 4 too lazy to check the codex and see if I am making a fool of myself and only saying whats already there. I play two armies Orks and Tau. I love my tau. I love the O'shovah Fluff. I am working on one story at the moment. Hoping to finish it soon and add it to the site.
Closed Thread