Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Questions
Closed Thread
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau Questions

hey people,
* * * * * * * Yes i am a noob making my way through WH40K and i got a couple of questions
1. What are those Tau versions of machine guns used on *Tau fire Warriors?.
2.What is the smallest number of troops you can have in one squad? since im making one machine fir warrior squad and one rifle squad(just for back up
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Questions

Tau canīt have "machine guns" in the squads. They are for suits and vehicles. (I assume that by machine gun you mean burstcannon, the four barreled thing.)

For squad sizes, that information is available in codex Tau. (you will need it to play if you donīt have one.)
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:59   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Fire Warriors are restricted to using Pulse Rifles (long weapons) and Pulse Carbines (shorter with underslung flashbang launchers).* Minimum squad size is, as noted, in the Codex.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 16:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Tau do not use any kind of special weapons in their basic squads (unless you count the pulse carbine, a shorter ranged version of the pulse carbine which is more mobile and can pin enemies). if you are looking for a force that can take on tanks with its basic troop and win, i would try space marines or IG. Fire Warriors are used solely for anti-infantry and super-light vehicle capping.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 16:52   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thank you but please tell me the minium squad numbers and when i start playin i get a codex
Old 21 Nov 2005, 16:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonzipper98
thank you but please tell me the minium squad numbers and when i start playin i get a codex
That would not do you any good and besides it is copywritted information. You really do need a codex, it should be the first thing you buy before any models. Its simply a must.

Old 21 Nov 2005, 16:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
Tau do not use any kind of special weapons in their basic squads (unless you count the pulse carbine, a shorter ranged version of the pulse carbine which is more mobile and can pin enemies). if you are looking for a force that can take on tanks with its basic troop and win, i would try space marines or IG. Fire Warriors are used solely for anti-infantry and super-light vehicle capping.
This is a major falsehood, actually. *With the strength of their basic weapons, they can damage up to AV11 vehicles by sheer weight of probability - the reason I always used maximized squads... and most vehicles untouchable by other infantry weapons are fair game. *Part of playing Tau is learning to exploit their mobility, and attacking the side or rear armour of vehicles should not be very difficult. *Name another basic squad, with only standard weapons (excluding Necrons) who can destroy a Preadator on it's side armour? *A Rhino on the front or a Demolisher on the rear?

Quote:
For one thing, giving away copywritten information is strictly against forum rules and the law. For another, there is no point in asking for information if you have no clue what do with it... you can't make an army without the Codex, go and get a copy.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 16:58   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
That would not do you any good and besides it is copywritted information. You really do need a codex, it should be the first thing you buy before any models. Its simply a must.
ok i get one in cardiff when i go see wales vs australia in rugby but i really do need to knw since i bought a pack of firewarriors for
Ģ16.20 *and the guy gave me pack that got damged in delivery aswell as the new pakc for free so the damged pack had 10 firewarrios in *it (14+10 = 24 warriors) and my dad paid for them i was ment to pay him back but shhhh dont tell him lol so i got 4 quid change and 24 firewarrrios not bad!!! so i do need to knw the numbers
Old 21 Nov 2005, 17:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Donīt people have any initiative to do things themselves these days?

We canīt tell you, itīs a violation to copyright laws. However, you can always go see Tau lists from other people on this forum, and find what is the lowest number of model in squad used there. This should be legal, but requires some work. Of course it may be that this number is not the absolute minimum, but it should give you an idea...

Old 21 Nov 2005, 20:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Donīt people have any initiative to do things themselves these days?

We canīt tell you, itīs a violation to copyright laws. However, you can always go see Tau lists from other people on this forum, and find what is the lowest number of model in squad used there. This should be legal, but requires some work. Of course it may be that this number is not the absolute minimum, but it should give you an idea...
Lord Demon is correct (i'm conforming to your thread in off-topic :P ), do not ever ask for stats and such like on these forums, no matter what the situation you don't do it, as as said it is against copyright law. So the whole point of this thread was so you could repeatedly ask for information we are not allowed to give you. Great... :

Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Closed Thread