Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Most hated enemy
Closed Thread
Old 21 Nov 2005, 11:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Most hated enemy

Who is your most hated army to play against. I would add A diagram but i have no clue how.

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to kaskal
Default Re: Most hated enemy

[move][glow=red,2,300]SPACE MARINES MUST DIIIIIE!!!!!![/glow][/move]
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

N00bs and Fanboys who think their side is unbeatable, and should always win.
With some exceptions, they usually play marines.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Necrons. HATE them. Gauss weapons that glance vehicles on all 6's???? thats harsh news to a mechtau boy...
Old 21 Nov 2005, 13:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Space Marines = Lots of junked power armor
Necrons = watching the clock waiting for the mass of warriors to catch up to their faster dead comrades
Daemonhunters = too few to present a big problem
Tyranids = target priority is a must but not that bad
Orks = ... need I say it
Chaos = Nasty, nasty, nasty but not a whole lot differant than other power armor, target priority gets it done
Eldar = Tank battles are fun, their infantry shudder at ours
Dark Eldar = Very fast, very assaulty but not too tough, manageable
Imperial Guard = A tough fight in the right hands especially with veteran IG but otherwise not so bad. SMS taking out heavy weapon squads from cover is very effective.

What does that leave us with? Witch hunters. Killing 40+ standard sisters of battle in squads of 20 is just hard. Im happy to simply cut them below half and knock them back some. Power armor, bolt guns, faith points and cheaper than a marine means lots and lots of very good troops. Plus kroot run from all their flamers. A real pain whenever I face them.

Old 21 Nov 2005, 14:15   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I second the disdain for 3+ armour (but then again...everyone here does). How do you defeat a chaos army where nearly every unit infiltrates...don't ask me, there were just alot of dead tau on the table). As for sisters of battle, yes the whole cursed faith thing is annoying...but kroot can be effective if supported by drones. I charged with the drones to hold the sisters up for a turn and then charged with the kroot...seeing a sisters of battle player scared of kroot is goodly.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to vsurma

I havent yet come up with a way for....well any tau army to beat my TMC nid army.
It has:

Winged tyrant
Walking tyrant with VC/Dev + guard
3 elite fexs with 2 tl devs on each. (8 tl S6 living ammo shots at bs3)
16 termagaunts
3 raveners
3 Zoans
2 Sniperfexs (VenomCannon/BarbedStrangler, 5th wound)

28 T6 3+ save wounds
4 T6 2+/6++ save wounds (winged tyrant)

My nid tourny list, I suppose if someone HAD 9 broadsides that might do it, though I could just add 3 lictors and solve that problem.

First game at the Scandinavien GT (I won btw...well on game points anyway) was against a tau player who thought it was funny for nids to try and shoot. Once we got round to turn 2 and my devourers came into shooting range and my psychic screams lowered his ld to 4 he didnt think it was so funny anymore! Opponent had 3 BSs and a railhead, railhead was stunned on turn 1 and shot down on turn 2. 7 S10 shots a turn tend to do that to tanks.

IWs and maybe alaitoc could also cause a problem, but hey, they cause everyone problems.

You notice that when you give your opponant a rules advantage, they never ask you to show you THAT rule in your codex.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I hate AC with a passion...

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

My one friends Dark Eldar army. When he feels like winning, all he has to do is play his, basically, unbeatable list. The only way you can beat it is to tailor your list to it, and even then the outcome is doubtful.

Basically, he chooses a table quarter where he hides behind an obstacle, out of sight. Placing a wraithgate within 24" of your army, things pop out that can assault that far in raiders and such. You can't escape assault, even if hiding in a vehicle due to the plethora of dark lances. I really don't know the DE list well enough to explain fully, but his list/army would be my most hated.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My most hated enemy is the semi-noob. Been playing just long enough to learn how to cheat, just short enough to try to get the benefit of the doubt when caught. The kind of guy who will misapply rules or conveniently forget to apply an inconvenient rule when it suits him...but be on you like a hawk when you try to pull the same stunt on him (deliberate or not) the next turn. Then, when you protest that he did exactly the same thing when it was his turn, it's either "no, I didn't, that would be cheating" or "well, it's too late to change that now, it's your own fault for not stopping me"

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind "training" a true newbie. But the pseudo-noob that I've described is despicable. It's no fun to play against such a cheater because you spend more time pushing his 8" charge back to 6" and reminding him that he can't move a pinned unit than you do actually playing the game.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread