Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shoulder pads
Closed Thread
Old 21 Nov 2005, 06:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Shoulder pads

I recently got a load of fire warriors but alot of them are missing the bif shoulder pad with the Tau symbol on it. I tried gamesworkshop but they don't selll these thing seperatly. Anyone got any ideas where i could get some?

~Cobain
Old 21 Nov 2005, 06:23   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Shoulder pads

The shoulder pads were missing from the sprue? If this was a new boxed set, you might be able to have GW replace them (Forge World has done this for me in the past with their kits). If not, you may be out of luck, as they are a part of the main sprue rather than a seperate sprue like some Space Marine components. I suppose you could look at this as a converting opportunity .
Old 21 Nov 2005, 06:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

three words: Scrood, blood, tatood. ;D

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 21 Nov 2005, 06:37   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
three words:* Scrood, blood, tatood. ;D
Err...* I would argue that only one of those is an actual word. Perhaps you would care to elaborate?
Old 21 Nov 2005, 06:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

You could simply turn them into pathfinders. Take carbines that you haven't used from other fw boxed sets, then find some sort of bit to use for the markerlight, and BOOM, pathfinders!
Old 21 Nov 2005, 06:50   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

They were given to me, kind of annoying but better than paying. I have 13 missing should pads, as forthe pathfinder thing....i'm getting pathfinders with railrifle so they are not wuite as helpful.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 06:59   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Hmmm... Then I would say your best bet would be building them as some type of veterans, in a manner similar to the Tyranic War Veterans the Space Marines have. Replace parts of their armor with bitz from other model ranges to show replacement during a desperate campaign.

How many other Fire Warriors do you have, out of curiosity?
Old 21 Nov 2005, 08:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

If you didn't buy them (or they didn't come in a sealed/unassembled boxed set), GW can't really help you. It's usually whole sprues that are missing, not single components off a sprue. As they were given to you, there isn't much you can do except have a go at Khanaris's suggestion.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 13:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I got my first Tau units cheap off some guy I knew and all 12 Firewarriors were missing their helmet antenae, the kroot were just terribly assembled and all 4 stealth suits were missing their packs. The only fixable part is the stealth suits. You just have to live with it but if they were free its a good start, make up some fluff for it and perhaps replace them latter.

Old 21 Nov 2005, 14:11   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

As an off note, I once bought a box of Bretonnian knights and it was missing all of the horse heads (headless horses of doom!!!); thankfully my local GW store exchaged the box. As for the missing shoulder pads, you could use space marine shoulder pads and say they were trophies for a squad who fought against the invasion/cleansing. I only suggest this because I know some space marine players who tend to have extra shoulder pads. Though you would probably have to file down the pads to make them fit properly, but it would be fun when facing marines to point to the squad and say, "where do you think those shoulder pads came from...for the emperor indeed."