Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Buildings
Closed Thread
Old 21 Nov 2005, 01:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ACE666
Default Tau Buildings

hey guys.

i was just wondering where i would find more information on Tau Architecture Styles, more importantly how they build their furniture. I've been looking for some time and have found plenty of other information but not the stuff i want. even if its only images that would be great.

Thanks everyone.
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliel
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 21 Nov 2005, 02:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Buildings

well, although I'm sure that you have already seen this, the GW website has rather lengthy article on tau buildings, which can be found here: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...au_terrain.htm .

As for furniture, i'd say practical but not very luxurious. storage spaces in almost everything (probably with magnetically sliding holds) a few cushions here and there and mostly neutral colors (especially white and silver). Probably looks like 41st century Ikea.

Why exactly do you want to know anyway? are you writing some fluff? or do you want to set up the new apartment tau style? :P
Old 21 Nov 2005, 02:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah, i saw those buildings.

I need them because I'm doing a D&T project at school and I'm building a Game table. What i have done so far is found different styles for most of the different races in 40k. but the one I'm finding really hard to locate is Tau. what i was going to do is gather all the styles the chose one that i think looks the best (note: choice will be biased towards Tau :P).

But that apartment idea is intersting, pity the golden Demon awards don't include that sort of thing, do they?
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 21 Nov 2005, 02:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Furniture for a games-table? ??? weird. Well, I don't know much about Tau furniture, but I can guess it's similar to the Clone people's furniture in SW epi. 2, Attack of the Clones. The people on Kamino gave me a real 'Tau' feeling....

As for boards....it depends on what kind of board you're thinking of. A Tau city or suburb would be fine, but a battlefront with Tau-inspired trenches and command bunkers wouldn't work, as the Tau don't hold static defense. The Fio build Run'als for observation and they're basically small bunkers....but nothing permenent or fortified. If I were to build another Tau board, I'd build the outskirts of a Tau city. So maybe 1/2 the board city or a 1/3 the board city, and the rest badlands.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 21 Nov 2005, 21:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

maybe i wasn't clear enough.

The table that i am building is for 40K games but its just going to be a normal table with a few extra things to make our gaming more conventient. There is no theme for the scenery itself, its just a bare table so that we can put whatever type of scenery we want on in whether it be jungle or cityfight, etc.
I want the style for the table itself, e.g what does a Tau table look like...
As i said before, its very difficult to find. does anyone know whether theres something like this in the firewarrior book, i havent read it yet.
Quote:
Old 22 Nov 2005, 17:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That is a good idea, themed gaming tables would add atmosphere to the experience.* I tend to agree with the ATOTC reference, the Comino (sp?) cloners did have a tauish feel to them.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 18:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: up nord where it snows like a jamaican with dandruff(mn, us)
Send a message via AIM to j1m7 Send a message via MSN to j1m7

think small domes. and round. no corners, really. kinda like pout a fishbowl on your head and draw what you see.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 18:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmm tough one. I'd say a Tau table would have rounded edges and be a marblish colour,that's about the most you'll get on a Tau styled table, clean and simple. That said the Tau buildings shown in the codex so it could have some red details (possibly using some of that clearish red plastic stuff most schools have?). Well good luck with the table...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 22 Nov 2005, 19:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

No straight edges or corners, its worth reading the For the Emperor extract on the Black Library site (go to downloads and its there), has a mention of what would be a fusion of Imperial and Tau culture.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 20:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

think modener high teck surfaces, curves, glass (i all ways think they will have glass) then to make it a battle scene smash it up.

i think their would be civ vechail stuff for example around the pirhana is attualy based of a civ vehical so i would reduce the armour and add some more control fins.

now on to funiture i kinda thought well modern stuff plastic, minialistic, also any asias infulence would do well
Closed Thread