Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Background for my Cadre
Closed Thread
Old 20 Nov 2005, 02:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Background for my Cadre

Hey guys!

I hope, this is the right board to post this on, but i think so. This is kind of my debut as a proper poster, so please be gentle. :P

Right, my cadre comes from Elsy'Eir and is at the moment being rebuilt after their almost complete extinction. (I'm actually starting this army with parts of old Tau i had bought when they first came out some years ago.) I'm going for a more or less mechanised troupe with a good deal of suits and warriors, no kroot.

Here's what i have written up until now.

Quote:
Report on the revered Shas'O Doran'Yanoi, as requested by your highness Por'El Yr'T'Suam:

Shas'O Elsy'Eir Doran'Yanoi

Doran'Yanoi (Calm Moon) has not been bearing the honourful rank of commander for long yet. He just got promoted by his longtime friend and mentor, Shas'O Elsy'Eir Va'Ro, as Va'Ro was dying from heavy injuries after the tragic battle for Demlok'Aloh (Ice Canyon, Herostratos VI, Herostratos System, Damokles Gulf) where more than half their cadre had been wiped out in an ambush. He was tasked by his teacher with the protection and leadership of one of the most well-known cadres that have ever been formed on Elsy'Eir. Since then, Doran'Yanoi has led the Tau forces and their allies to victory in several decisive battles and has also been rebuilding his cadre's fighting forces. The Shas'Ar'Tol has every reason to have very optimistic prospects for him and his band of warriors.

Nan'Kunas

In battle, the cadre under Shas'O Elsy'Eir Doran'Yanoi relies heavily on well-planned tactics and, should the need arise, on the ever wise and creative decisions of its commander. Intensive use of XV-15 and XV-25 has been observed by the Por, along with some rather unusual XV-8 configurations and tactics. Evidently, being a battlesuit pilot with Doran'Yanoi requires more skill and prowess than with other commanders found in our glorious armed forces.
Please give me some hints to as how i could improve the writing and, more importantly, the background in itself. I have come up with a Sept Icon for Elsy'Eir (my avatar). Would you deem it fitting?

By the way, I'll post pics of my first painted Tau these days. If they are done, they go to the Showcase, if they are WIP, they go to the painting forums, is that correct? Did get a bit confused there.

Greets, ancient!
Old 20 Nov 2005, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Background for my Cadre

Welcome to the forums!

You will probably want to post this type of thing in Fluff/Stories when you get more written.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?board=16.0

It sounds like you have made a good start! Writing for small armies can sometimes have a lot more character than larger forces.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 06:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Good fluff, not sure about the spelling of some words (try the spellcheck). I like how you studied the ridiculously long name system of the Tau Looking forwards to seeing more of your army in pictures, stories or more messages to the Por'El. Your Sept icon reminds me of the Homeworld (PC game) icon, I like it.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 09:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks, Khanaris. I'll post my fluff and the like there in future.

UN17, I checked the spelling, some middle-of-the-night mistakes in it. (Did this thread round about 4am at my place. Mistakes are fixed now.) Hold on for some pics of my first Tau today. I hope, the HW icon isn't too similar, I haven't played the game and do not know it..

Thanks for commenting, you two!
Old 20 Nov 2005, 11:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Very nicely done my fluff on my army is still in the works and its good to see that this side of the hobby is not lost.

also love the Sept icon

1) Know your army's fluff.

2) Know your army's rules to a reasonable degree.

3) Don't post like a six year old.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 13:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thank you, Blindsight.

Here are the promised pics:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=13897.0
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Don't worry, your sept icon isn't too similar to the Homeworld logo, it just has elements which remind me of Homeworld. I have attached the Homeworld & Homeworld 2 symbols below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg homeworld.jpg (11.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ahh, good, that's not too much like it. Thanks, UN17!