Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dealing with particular armies
Closed Thread
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Dealing with particular armies

How would one deal with a BA infatry army?

Figure a chaplin or 2, death company, 4 squads of las/plas 6men w/ powerfists, 2 scout squads, and an assualt squad of 6 with powerfist?

Clocking in at roughly 1850pts.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn
Default Re: Dealing with particular armies

Standard Tau rules apply. Anything that can charge you in it's imminent assault phase dies first. Plasma rifles are favorable for negating marine armor saves. Ion cannons on the hammerhead are also helpful.

Use mobile firewarrior squads as bait. Fire at units moving on your FW teams until they're actually in "threat" range, then pop them back into their devilfish and relocate.

Use railguns or missle pods to take out light vehicles, particularly if they have units in them. Markerlights are also helpful for fire coordination. In the new codex, they'll be even more helpful.

Try and kill that assault squad as quickly as you can, too.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

same way we deal with everything my friend, massed pulse rifle volleys supported by railguns and rapid action plasma rifles.

Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

seekers are helpfull for death guard
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

and greyknights, or any other kind of expensive SMurf, nuking a 25 point model on a 2+ is always nice. hey lanfeix wheres you avatar from?

Old 19 Nov 2005, 22:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmachu
How would one deal with a BA infantry army?
Figure a chaplain or 2, death company, 4 squads of las/plas 6men w/ powerfists, 2 scout squads, and an assault squad of 6 with powerfist?
Clocking in at roughly 1850pts.
kill the assault squad ASAP with helios/burning eye suits (ask me what those are and i'll snap...) and ion cannons and then blow up any light vehicles with missile pods mounted on death rain suits (again). Ion cannons are your best friend here, just remember target priority and kill the assault squad in the first 2 turns or they will eat you. Don't worry about the chaplain unless he is mounted in a APC. Use your FW teams in the way that Earlydawn suggested, shooting until the enemy can charge you and then bugging out (cowards may run, but only a fool would stay). I have no idea what a death company is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
hey lanfeix wheres you avatar from?
that would be the new stealth suit. brand-new plastic stealth suits that actually look like 40k stuff (cause lets face it)=bbbbbbbb
Old 20 Nov 2005, 00:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm tempted to ask what the suitsa re just to watch you snap.....no seriously, I have the suits saved as to what they are.

Folks, as stated its an ALL infantry army, there are NO vehicals. AT ALL. The death company is jumppacked.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 01:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

no vehicles at all? well this will be a difficult battle for the forces of the tau'va :

load up on 3 ion heads and plenty of helios. assuming the chaplain has no jump-pack, he can pretty much be ignored. keep your army mobile and remember target priority, it should be a cake-walk. i assume the death company is close combat oriented, so they represent a serious threat. focus your shots on them first and then kill the assault squad, unless of course something else is in charge distance of your troops. something like this should work well:

shas'el (helios)

x2:
x2 heios suit (shas ui)

x2-3:
STFU squad + shas'ui with markerlight

x1(optional):
x6 pathfinders w/ rail rifles + x2 pathfinders w/ carbine, markerlights (kills smurfs dead)

x3:
ionhead, all the usual upgrades + 2 seekers

light them up, knock them down.

PS: don't make me angry. you won't like me when I'm angry. >
Old 20 Nov 2005, 01:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

'fraid not, chaplins both ahve jumppacks and run with death company.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 01:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Seeker missiles will be your best friend against the death company, or just a wave of kroot in cover. I once stopped a massive number of death company (he rolled however many he can get maximum) and a whole lot of terminator honored jetpack troops, with a special character with a jetpack, with 40 kroot backed up by some crisis. The kroot WOULD have won right out (helios really put the hurt on them) but 2 deepstriking dreads flamed a whole lot of them.

Try out putting 40 or so kroot in cover.. you'll strike first AND be able to hide the crisis behind them. Even if he breaks through, it will take him a long time, and give you MORE time to kill the rest of his army.