Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about new Tau
Closed Thread
Old 17 Nov 2005, 09:35   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Question about new Tau

Will a battleforce or an army box come out to coincide with the new Tau Empires codex?
Old 17 Nov 2005, 09:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Question about new Tau

I would have to say no. The units that are being added or changed are not part of the army box. However it is still too early to tell for any changes to tau.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 10:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Possibly. Though it would depend on the nature of the model updates and which ones are released.

The 4th ed releases so far - Tyranids, Space Marines, Black templars, have all been accompanied by a large army box and a battleforce being released. We can probably assume that the Tau: Empires codex won't be an exception..
Old 17 Nov 2005, 13:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Knowing GW the Tau will be realeased with all the usual fan fare. The army deal and battleforce and probably something limited edition. If GW didnt I would have a heart attack from shock.

Old 17 Nov 2005, 13:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would possibly assume that the orginal army box and battle force will stay the same, unfortunately...the boxes seem well balanced enough that they will sufice with the new codex release...
Old 17 Nov 2005, 13:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunny
I would possibly assume that the orginal army box and battle force will stay the same, unfortunately...the boxes seem well balanced enough that they will sufice with the new codex release...
Ah but consider this: GW likes to milk us for all we are worth and we know the battlesuits are probably seeing at least some minor changes. Would it not seem likely that GW would release a "NEW" battleforce so we will all buy it to get the "NEW" and improved tau units and perhaps something limited edition. I mean they released an army force for the Black Templars that is really not much differant from the regular SM units... why on earth would they not do that for one of their main armies and especialy one that has bee so popular recently as the Tau? Their SM bias is not that great. I have never known a corporation or bussiness that did not take a full advantage of the ahem "NEW!!!" factor. There is nothing that boosts sales better really.

Old 17 Nov 2005, 14:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Of course with the new HQ only wargear itīs possible they make new batleforce that has one sprue of those.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 14:30   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I think it would be a good thing for GW to give us a new Tau BF box. Even tough they most sertainly will be making money on it, why would they otherwise bother, its still a corporation...and an evil one to . No, but maybe we think GW and their bettle force philosophy are bad for any number of reasons. But i think its great if the new 40K player can buy a box that was updated at the same time as the codex. Instead of being forced to put their money on somethng that lacks some intresting stuff that they will have to get later on anyway.

I won't buy a new box but i think some new to the hobby or Tau would be very glad if its updated.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 14:35   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: up nord where it snows like a jamaican with dandruff(mn, us)
Send a message via AIM to j1m7 Send a message via MSN to j1m7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imos
But i think its great if the new 40K player can buy a box that was updated at the same time as the codex. Instead of being forced to put their money on somethng that lacks some intresting stuff that they will have to get later on anyway.
this is why i think a new box will come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Would it not seem likely that GW would release a "NEW" battleforce so we will all buy it to get the "NEW" and improved tau units and perhaps something limited edition.
this too
Closed Thread