Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Artifact Worlds?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Artifact Worlds?

In the back of the Tau codex lie the three artifact worlds of Arthas Moloch, Q-15, and Landfall. What are they and why are they there? Are they Eldar? Are they Necron? Is there a reason Ta'u lies in the dead center of the three?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Artifact Worlds?

i don't see any artifact worlds in the back of my codex, have i been ripped off?

Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:38   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

It is unknown what they are. I would assume at least one is Necron, and at least one other is a Webway Portal (this justifies the use of Necrons and Eldar of all kinds against the Tau).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

What about Ta'u being in the center of the three?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:41   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Very bad luck I'd wager.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

Indeed, like Wargamer said, I would suggest that there is at least one with a Webway and one is Necron.

I would suggest that Arthas Moloch be the Necron world, isn't that where Farsight got his Dawnblade? And the drone was confused about what they where fighting, this maybe because as far as I know the Necron are too advanced for the normal human, tau or any other racy to comprehend.
This would also explain why the Dawnblade of Farsight is so strong and has such special energy's, it could well have been an artifact that the Necron where guarding.

Q-15 could host for the Webway planet as it doesn't has a 'normal' name, the webway could be the cause of this.

Landfall is an unknown, maybe the Ethereals know that these worlds should be left alone. First because an Aun died on the Necron planet and second because they had an encounter with yet another species on the other Artifact world.

And is T'au really in the center? I think that Q-15 is closer then the rest ... or maybe it's because I have a very bad depth preception, or however u call it, I can't see very well in depth (especially with those 3D drawings and movies, it's all very flat to me).

Greetz

Old 16 Nov 2005, 02:49   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

We know a lot more about Arthas Moloch than the others. It was a stronghold of the Alpha Legion as late as the 39th millenia, when it was cleansed by the Scythes of the Emperor. Supposedly it was also scoured earlier, immediately after the Horus Heresy in fact. There are records of pre-human structures on its surface, so I would guess that it, at least, is a Necron World, as well. Any webgate there would likely have been sealed when it fell to Chaos initially.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 07:55   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

So we've got one Necron, one Eldar, and probably one Chaos too... we know Orks and the Imperium are close to Tau space, and the Tyranids are on the way.

...conveniently, that means every race is in a position to fight the Tau, so we must have it right.

Quote:
Old 16 Nov 2005, 08:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Very bad luck I'd wager.
ROTFLOL

oh, wow...that's priceless! ;D

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 16 Nov 2005, 10:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sephiroth

Back when GW had the interactive map of the Tau Empire, I recall Landfall was described as an 'ocean world', and that the Tau had discovered ruins of some civilisation under the surface, and had begun an extraction process.
"My sorrow and anger precede me with regard to the stubborn and selfish refusal of the humans’ Emperor to permit his people acceding to the One Path, forcing us to embrace the course of conflict. The Fire Caste will do what is asked of them, and demonstrate to the Imperium of Man that piety is no substitute for wisdom."
- His Exalted Majesty, The Ethereal 'Unforeseen Truth'
Closed Thread