Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Creation of the Vespid
Closed Thread
Old 15 Nov 2005, 07:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default The Creation of the Vespid

i think that the Vespide have come about because of the nids, if the geanstelers can steal DNA from diffrent races to create diffrent units, same thing could of happend with the Vespide but because of the in fluens of the grater good, these new nid units turn back to the tau. even if you look at the models, u will s the resemblance of nids in them.

any way the nids r invading the tau, so whats to stop them getting tau DNA ???

our advanced research has concluded the fowling things
1. all good things come to an end
2. the universe doesn't end there for it is evil
3. the grater good will die, so enjoy it while it lasts
4. George bush will be the president of the USA for ever and ever
Old 15 Nov 2005, 08:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: the creation of the Vespide

perhaps the fact that tau are psychic nulls makes their DNA incompatible with the nodal control system that the nids rely on?

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 15 Nov 2005, 10:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernejo
i think that the Vespide have come about because of the nids, if the geanstelers can steal DNA from diffrent races to create diffrent units, same thing could of happend with the Vespide but because of the in fluens of the grater good, these new nid units turn back to the tau. even if you look at the models, u will s the resemblance of nids in them.

any way the nids r invading the tau, so whats to stop them getting tau DNA ???
when you are part of the hivemind, nothing can save you. there is no chance of something being part of the tyranids and then becoming "free". (unless you read up on rogue trader fluff where the tyranid scouts - zoats - needed zoatibix to keep them allied to the will of the hivemind!)

the vespid is a space wasp in wearing a tau chest plate. it has no connection at all to the tyranids.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Nov 2005, 12:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Just because it's a bug doesn't mean it's a Nid.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The Creation of the Vespid

the very first time i saw a vespid, i thought it was a tyranid aux troop. naturally, i was horrified, as this would constitute a breach of fluff larger than horus coming back to life and the emperor getting drunk.

But no, they are just bugs. bugs that eat SMurfs for breakfast.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

o.k so these things have no connection with nids or they used to be along time ago and because the tau are psychic or when they become bugs the didn't eat that stuff and branched away.

but just on that with tau been psychic, i thought that it was elder that where psychic :P

our advanced research has concluded the fowling things
1. all good things come to an end
2. the universe doesn't end there for it is evil
3. the grater good will die, so enjoy it while it lasts
4. George bush will be the president of the USA for ever and ever
Old 16 Nov 2005, 03:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernejo

but just on that with tau been psychic, i thought that it was elder that where psychic :P
the tau aren't psychic, they're too young to have that, though they have learned faster than everyone else. Maybe psychic powers slow down learning progress? After all, the eldar are the dying, and they have the strongest connection to the warp, maybe they've just stopped learning... an the tyranid, a masive warp resence that need not even fear the perils of the warp, have no technology. As for tau, they don't even register in the warp.

Old 16 Nov 2005, 03:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Tau are not psychic. There really cannot be psychic Tau under the current fluff, this can always change and a new form of psyonic powers come up with but under the current warp driven psychics the Tau really cannot. They arent none existent in the warp, they just have a very, very, very small presence there, so small that daemons have a hard time seeing them, even when they know where to look. Psychic powers are usually dependant on the subjects connection to the warp, a stronger connection gives more power and is better for daemonic possesion. A basic human has a much greater presence in the warp than a Tau and you dont see every human throwing lightning from their fingers.

The vespid are most certainly not branched from the nids. For one there is really nothing that is a tyranid that could ever really break away. Everything is connected to the Hive Mind. Also not every bug has to be a tyranid, thats almost like saying every mammal is human.

Old 20 Nov 2005, 00:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Does everything have to be connected with another army? Personnaly when I saw the Vespid I thought: "Fianlly something that makes tau more diverse and unified."

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 11:57   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun_shaun
Does everything have to be connected with another army? Personnaly when I saw the Vespid I thought: "Fianlly something that makes tau more diverse and unified."
Exactly what I thought, and I also knew someone would make a connection thread.
Closed Thread