Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Mercenaries
Closed Thread
Old 14 Nov 2005, 23:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Kroot Mercenaries

I was just wondering, what armies go good with kroot mercenaries as allies?* I just got done reading the chapter approved article and would like to know if they are useful in any armies.

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.
tyranids- 200pts. (battle for mccrage )
Lost and the damned- 300pts. (just started)

pm me if you play halo2 on xbox live!
Old 15 Nov 2005, 01:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.
Default Re: Kroot Mercenaries

Imperial Guard.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 15 Nov 2005, 02:29   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Kroot mercs work nicely with my friends guard army. Only trouble he has is spending the required points for the shapers.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 02:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

They work well for static armies and armies with a lack of close combat ability. IG are great for the Kroot since they are largely static and have a deficit of CC ability, and the Eldar can use them for a cheap backup to their expensive mainstays.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Well they obviously go with Catachan like butter on toast....but aside from an army no one plays....they're good with Guard, Eldar, Dark Eldar, and are decent with Ork.

I personally play them by themselves, but that's just me, being that I don't have any pre-existing armies they'd mesh with. So yeah, armies with average stats, not many CC Skirmishers, lack of infilrators, and I guess armies where they have nothing better to drop the points into.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 15 Nov 2005, 04:42   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
Well they obviously go with Catachan like butter on toast....but aside from an army no one plays....

Hey, I have quite a nice catachan army... I just don't use them anymore cause there is absolutely nowhere with a good jungle table in my area.

I agree with the IG bit, but I'm not so sure about the Eldar part... would they stoop so low as to take mercenaries? Let alone mercs who eat their fallen enemies.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 10:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
Well they obviously go with Catachan like butter on toast....but aside from an army no one plays....they're good with Guard, Eldar, Dark Eldar, and are decent with Ork.

I personally play them by themselves, but that's just me, being that I don't have any pre-existing armies they'd mesh with. So yeah, armies with average stats, not many CC Skirmishers, lack of infilrators, and I guess armies where they have nothing better to drop the points into.
Do the kroot mercs play good by themselves?

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.

Old 15 Nov 2005, 10:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

its tough. they lack anti tank. all they have are shaper meltaguns and kroot guns.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Nov 2005, 10:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yea, I've heard its either a hit-or-miss army. also, any unit in the army with access to the armoury can purchase eviscretors, great for anti-tank considering that they would melt right into the rest of your charging army when charging a tank.

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.

Old 15 Nov 2005, 12:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yup, as long as every shaper gets an evicerator, anti-tank isn't too much of a problem. As for anti-infantry, being able to pack up to 40 sniper rifles into an army is pretty deadly, especially since 30 are mounted. If you are facing a large swarm of Nids, the firepower you can pump into them is insane.
Closed Thread