Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Tau vs. Ultramarines 600 points
Closed Thread
Old 14 Nov 2005, 20:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default [BatRep] Tau vs. Ultramarines 600 points

I used 600 points in my list, but my opponent, without my knowledge, used close to 750 points. I'm not familiar with the missions, but it was where you get victory points for killing and nothing else.

Tau:
1 Shas'el w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife
9 FW
9 FW
1 Hammerhead w/ Ion Cannon, Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock
1 Broadside Battlesuit w/ TL Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator

Space Marines:
Captain w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon and 7 Tacticals w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
5 Tactical Marines w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
7 Tactical Marines w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades and Rhino w/ Smoke Launchers
5 Scouts w/ Frag Grenades and 2 Sniper Rifles
1 Venerable Dreadnought w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon

Terrain: Plateaus and rocks were scattered around the board. My opponent placed a tree in my deployment zone, and I also placed one in my zone.

Deployment: My Fire Warriors stood in a line in close order. (like this: XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX)
My Hammerhead was behind one of the trees. Both of my Commanders were behind another large tree. My Broadside was at the back of the table in the open.

The Venerable Dreadnought was behind a rock. Tactical Marines, Scouts, and Command Squad was in the open having LOS of my FW and Broadside. The Rhino, with the marines inside, was behind a rock so my FW could not see it, but my Broadside could see it.

Turn 1 (Tau):
Movement: My Hammerhead moved out from behind the trees into LoS of the Venerable Dreadnought's Side Armor. The Commanders jumped 6'' inbetween the trees and the rock the Rhino was near. To the left was the Tacticals.

Shooting: The Fire Warriors shot the Tactical Marines, but were slightly out of range. The Crisis Battlesuit Commanders shot their Plasma Rifles and a Missile Pod (Fusion Blaster out of range) at the Captain's Tacticals, killing 2. The Broadside shot the Rhino, destroying its Storm Bolter and stunning it. The Hammerhead shot at the Dreadnought, but failed to do anything to it.

Assault: The Helios suit moved up near the stunned Rhino, out of LoS of the Tactical squads LoS. The Fireknife suit jumped behind the tree, where it was before.

Space Marines:
Captain and 5 Tacticals w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
5 Scouts w/ Frag Grenades and 2 Sniper Rifles
1 Venerable Dreadnought w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon

Turn 1 (Space Marines):
Movement: No movement.

Shooting: The 3 Tacticals w/ Lascannons shot at the Fire Warriors, killing 3. The Dreadnought killed 1 FW. The Scouts shot Sniper Rifles at the FW, but failed to do damage.

Assault Phase: Nothing was within charge range, so no assaulting.

Tau:
1 Shas'el w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife
9 FW
6 FW
1 Hammerhead w/ Ion Cannon, Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock

Turn 2: Tau
Movement: The Broadside moved to the left, hoping to get LoS with the Dreadnought. The FW moved up 6''. The Helios suit moved over the rock and into LoS of a Tactical Marine squad. The Fireknife suit moved forward in front of the trees.

Shooting: The FW moved and nothing was within 12'', so they could not shoot. The Hammerhead fired its Ion Cannon at the Dreadnought, making 2 Glancing Hits. I got Vehicle Stunned and Weapon Destroyed, but he used the Venerable ability thing. I rerolled Immobolized and Weapon Destroyed, making his Dreadnought useless. The Helios suit shot at the Tactical squad, killing a Tactical with the Fusion Blaster and 1 w/ the Plasma Rifle. The Fireknife suit shot at the Scout squad with the Missile Pod, killing 2 Scouts. The Broadside could not see anything except the useless Dreadnought.

Assault: The Helios suit moved back to where it was before, next to the Rhino, and the Fireknife suit moved behind the trees.

Space Marines:
Captain and 5 Tacticals w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
3 Tactical Marines w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
3 Scouts w/ Frag Grenades and 2 Sniper Rifles
1 Venerable Dreadnought

Turn 2: Space Marines

Shooting: The Lascannons killed 2 Fire Warriors and the Scouts killed 1 FW with the Sniper Rifles.

Assaulting: None.

Tau:
1 Shas'el w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife
9 FW
3 FW

Turn 3: Tau
Movement: The Hammerhead moves 12'' to a place about 6'' southwest of the Fire Warriors. The Broadside moves back to its original position. The Helios suit moves into range of a Tactical squad and the Fireknife suit moves out of the woods. The front Fire Warrior squad passes its morale check.

Shooting: The Hammerhead cannot see anything and the Broadside moved and is too far for Plasma range. The back Fire Warriors fire at the Captain's Tacticals, killing 1. The Helios suit kills off 2 Tacticals. The Fireknife suit shoots the Tacticals with the Missile Pod, but fails to kill anything. It misses the Plasma Rifle.

Assault: The Helios and Fireknife commanders move back to where they were.

Space Marines:
Captain and 3 Tacticals w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
3 Scouts w/ Frag Grenades and 2 Sniper Rifles
1 Venerable Dreadnought

Turn 3: Space Marines

Shooting: The Lascannons all miss except for 1, and it kills 1 Fire Warrior. Bolters are out of range.

Assault: None.

Tau:
1 Shas'el w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife
9 FW
2 FW

Turn 4: Tau
Movement: The Hammerhead moves out to see the Tacticals. The Helios suit moves out to see Tacticals. The Fireknife moves out of behind woods.

Shooting: The Fire Warriors shoot at the Scouts and kill 1. The Broadside shoots the Rhino, penetrating it. He uses Smoke Launchers to count it as glancing. The Rhino is immobilized. The Ion Cannon misses 2 and kills 1 Tactical. Burst Cannons out of range. The Helios suit kills 1 Tac. The Fireknife kills 2 Scouts.

Assault: The Helios and Fireknife moves of LoS.

Space Marines:
Captain and 2 Tacticals w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
7 Tactical Marines w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades and Rhino
1 Venerable Dreadnought

Turn 4: Space Marines
Movement: Tacticals disembark from the Rhino, but cannot fire the Lascannon.

Shooting: The disembarked Tacticals' Bolters are in range and wound the Helios suit. The other Lascannons kill off my front Fire Warrior squad.

Assault: None

Tau:
1 Shas'el w/ Helios (2 wounds left)
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife
9 FW

Turn 5: Tau
Movement: The Hammerhead moves 7'' up to right behind the FW. The Helios suit moves to have LoS of the Tacticals behind the Rhino. The Fireknife suit moves up in front of the woods and having sight of the Rhino's side armor. The Broadside moves up 6'' to try and get within Plasma range.

Shooting: The Fireknife's Missile Pod fires at the Rhino side armor, penetrating and destroying it. The Helios suit kills 2 Tacticals. The Fire Warriors fail to kill anything and the Ion Cannon kills 1 Tac.

Assault: The Fireknife suit moves behind the woods.

Space Marines:
Captain and 1 Tactical w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
1 Venerable Dreadnought

Turn 5: Space Marines

Shooting: The Command Squad's Lascannon fires at the Hammerhead, blowing off the Ion Cannon. The Lascannon and Bolters on the other Tactical squad kill the Helios suit.

Assault: None

Tau:
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife
9 FW
1 Hammerhead w/ Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock

Turn 6: Tau
Movement: The Fireknife suit moves up out of the woods.

Shooting: The Fire Warriors kill the last Tactical joining the Captain and the Broadside's Railgun kills the Captain. The Fireknife suit kills 2 Tacticals.

Assault: The Fireknife suit moves into the woods.

Space Marines:
1 Venerable Dreadnought

Turn 6: Space Marines
Movement: The Tacticals move into the woods.

Shooting: The Tacticals shoot Bolters at the Fireknife and wound it.

Assault: The Tacticals charge the Fireknife, having it suffer another wound. The Fireknife kills 1 Tactical in close combat.

Final:

Space Marines:
2 Tactical Marines w/ Lascannon and Frag Grenades
1 Venerable Dreadnought (Lascannons destroyed and immobilized)

Tau:
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife (1 wound left)
9 FW
1 Hammerhead w/ Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock
(Ion Cannon destroyed)

As you can see, my opponent loves static shooting.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 21:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: [BatRep] Tau vs. Ultramarines 600 points

Wow... cheating [Edited] fool. You can't activate smoke launchers on your opponents turn. 150 more points than you!

Put him in his place.

[size=7pt]Edit by Aunny: Please do not swear, even leet swearing or "asterick" swearing is just as bad. Future attempts may result in smiting. Thank you.[/size]

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 14 Nov 2005, 22:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nice battle report! Any pics?

Also thanks for the [BatRep] in the subject, it just makes it cleaner and easy to search for!
Old 15 Nov 2005, 15:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Oh, ouch... I think it's safe to use the word "noob" here. A rhino that never moved. A power weapon in a squad that never moved. Losing with 150 points extra. Well, it's easy to see how he did it.

Good job, thanks for the report. I like the "forces remaining" sections that you did.
Closed Thread