Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Theories
Closed Thread
Old 13 Nov 2005, 22:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx
Default Theories

Okay, so today at work I was super-bored so I decided to go read the codex in detail instead of doing my job. Wow, I love how I prioritise things.

Well I was reading through the Kroot entry made by Firo'ui Ulyr'ra and it turns out that the Kroot weren't always so genetically unstable, at one point they had a solid DNA structure, "The cause of the anomaly is unknown but at some point the Kroot genetic code began to mutate." -Could something or someone have triggered this?

Reading up on the Farsight VOX record by Free Captain Dalmuertus, it turns out that Tau -do- indeed drink, I believe it was stated in a previous post that they're adverse to alcohol. If you read the VOX Record yourself, you'll see that the Captains Tau contact, a Por'ui was a pretty big alcoholic. I also think that the ceremonial Ky'husa drank during the Ta'lissera is an alcoholic beverage, as it is described in this passage..."Ui'rash'ya said, "Best to take the Ky'husa in a single gulp," and threw the hot spirit down his throat. Vre'myar and Ui'lyr'sa gasped as the lisquid fire burned its way down their gullets....". So yeah, that sounds like a typical liquor to me.

Other things were discovered when looking closer into the Codex, but that was hours ago. All I can remember now besides the above was the abundance of grammatical errors and the like.

If you want to add something else you hypothesize from reading the book, definantly post it. ^_^

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 14 Nov 2005, 01:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Theories

how about the odd unspoken cotrol the Kroot Warriors have over the Kroot Hound subspecies..... that 'article' of a day with the kroot, how the kroot houds unnerve the Tau storyteller, and one appeared to be about to attack, until his kroot guide showed up, and the hound slinked away....

whats that all about?? just a common Man and his pet Rotweiler analogy? or something more?

I can think of more.... gimme a sec...

hmm maybe next post.. I'm drawing a blank. :
Old 14 Nov 2005, 02:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Tau have sythetic amino acid chains, amoung other things. Sice they don't actually do any synthetic cloning or genetic engineering, someone else must have... coughslaancougholdonescoughnecronscough.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 14 Nov 2005, 06:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

oh please not that theory again, if it really turns out the tau where made by old ones im leaving. seriously that is the cheesiest thing ive heard, why don't they just call the game warhammer fantasy....in space.

Old 14 Nov 2005, 08:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
oh please not that theory again, if it really turns out the tau where made by old ones im leaving. seriously that is the cheesiest thing ive heard, why don't they just call the game warhammer fantasy....in space.
Isn't it what it basically is? Besides the craptastic updating schedule, balance issues and free form movement you would have "warhammer fantasy in space."
Old 14 Nov 2005, 09:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
considering 40k was originally a complete pisstake of fantasy, only in space, it is cheesy. every hear of the zoats with zoatibix? the rainbow warriors space marines? elves in space? dwarves in space? empire in space? knights in space? and so forth...

the synthetic protiens could merely be supplements to fire warriors - to boost aggressivness, physical endurance etc. "soldier proteins" if you will...

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 14 Nov 2005, 10:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to flowerfall

According to the rumours of the NEw Tau Empire codex, there will be a new special character a Female Stealth Suit Tau. Tau have genders, another point to back up this argument is the novel Fire warrior Simon Spurrier, Kais Expresses with in the first couple of pages how A female Firewarrior he trained with is ripped apart by lasfire, he could recognise her through the way she crouched. As for amino acids if cloning was a theory to consider, Metal Gear Solid is something to take into account. If cloning was so well known by the Tau, then they would know O'Shovah has not llived for 300 years but cloned himself. Though Like Liquid Snake Solid Snake and solius snake, they all choose their own path much like any clone of O'Shovah. Hard topic. Clones don't share the same emotions as there original right? As for the Old ones theories, the slan are apparently inside the eye of terror where fantasy takes place. Why contribute outside the warp. The warp storms Surrounding the Tau sept until they further evolved is quite more than just coincidence. Maybe, the Tau will surpass the Old ones in a god like way. Rather than carry out an old legacy. Can the Kroot be trusted is another point. Are we cetrain they will appear in the next codex? It is alarming reading the bits i missed in the codex. Alcohloic Tau though, its true. A good laugh. but true.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 15:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok. The giant fantasy planet is a planet surrounded in incredibly violent warp storms inside the galaxy of 40k. The guy (Sigmar) who founded the Empire was probably a Primarch. These warp storms are waaay worse than the ones that surrounded T'au and will never, fluffwise end.

And BTW, in the old days, a Chaos army player could have his daemon jump through the warp and come back with a weapon from 40K (Bolter...) to wreak destruction in Fantasy!

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 14 Nov 2005, 16:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Oh -GOD- that's silly. My Cousin Ben (and IG) player, said that long ago the Guard could carry Warp-Grenades or something where you'd throw one and it would just scatter around the battlefield, sucking things into it.

I personally believe that no connection should be made in between the worlds of 40k and Fantasy. It just shouldn't happen.

And I really -would- stop playing if I were to find out any army in 40k was just a product of some old race that died out, and genetic engineering and all that. It's just retarded and sucks the fun out of the game. Why can't races just be who they are, why must they be an experiment of the Slaan or Necrontyr or Old Ones? It makes me sick just to think it.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 14 Nov 2005, 16:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Because its fun!

Seriously, an ancient civilization was falling... saw their faults... and created a new race! Now onyl you can continue their battle for what is right/wrong/neutral-evil/neutral-good.

Closed Thread