Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

O'Shovah Fluff
Closed Thread
Old 13 Nov 2005, 09:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to flowerfall
Default O'Shovah Fluff

I am writing a story for my tau army, it begins with my Tau army in the search for O'Shovah and Bring him back to the Tau Sept for Judgement. My leader is Shas'el Vash'ya Jakaara. HE is a newbie to the crisis suit and is charge of the search of Farsight. Though my army will meet O'shovah and Join him, as the fio caste return his suit painted a blood red after my first couple of fights. O'shovah Kaius is supposed to be different from firewarrior Kais but the book by Simon Spurrier is has lusha in it, and because Kais doesn't speak in the game, I guess it just gives a deeper detailed version of his story before he becomes O'Shovah, Iam fascinated by this story.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 14:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: O'shova Search Fluff!!

I would reccomend watching Apocalypse Now, or reading Heart of Darkness (which the film is based of, despite not being about Vietnam), similar kind of theme with the slightly more naive assasin sent against a rogue commander who has apparently gone mad.

We won't know what really went on, or have any more clues til the next codex (though I've heard rumours that Farsight's story is being advanced). Course if you want something odd and don't want to have it contradicted you could have it that there are several O'shovahs, and the one he ends up chasing is not the original one nor the one in charge of the Farsight enclaves but the leader of a different group who has broken off from him. Gives you a bit more freedom to play around in your story.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 21:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

excellent thank you very much. The fluff is based on battles my army has faced. rather than use it in a battle report i will intepret it into a story. I want to add it to The actual site when i am done. I have a couple of days off in the next week so i can do it, and do it good. Can't wait for this new codex either. Do you think aun shi will still partake in the new codex? They release new characters in each edition and O'Shovah is too good to be true with his story. Does anybody use him? In actual games? I'd like some advice on how to field my crisis suits. Currently I use 3 broadsides, A devilfish, a hammerhead, 3 pathfinders with railrifles 2 with markerlights, 36 firewarriors, O'Shovah and two bodygaurd, 4 stealth suits and alot of cover. Its a little hard taking out Lascannons and and krack missiles all the other way over the other side of the board, whilst waiiting, waiting waiting for my firewarriors to be in range of his gaurdsmen, shoot the heck out of them, and wait for the next unit. My broadsides ripped apart 3 basilisks with great ease, thanks to enemy players bad rolls. And the hammerhead took out a walker and and 5 guardsmen. Whilst the broadsides ripped apart the rest of the walkers. Unit after unit of guardsmen came. THough it was Tau and Nids VS Space MArines and I.G, the nIds thinned the heard of space marines, the got wiped out by SM HQ and retinue. He came up on my flank i took 3 terminators out in the retinue before the damn guys got my O'Shovah and Bodygaurd, it got ugly from there. Minor loss though. Can't count on Nids, they were out by turn 4.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 22:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, I've been thinking of starting a Farsight army using the crisis suits I currently have, once I have replaced them with the new FW ones in my Tau Empire force. Seems an excellent way to keep using the older models.

As for Aunshi, he was last mentioned as heading off to do something about the Farsight Enclaves however he isn't in the new codex (and assumed dead, from old age if nothing else) however as we can see from the recent art from the codex - Farsight is alive and well (or alive anyway). Whether anything untoward happened to Aun'shi when he got there, or if he even did who knows?
Old 14 Nov 2005, 08:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Aun shi is an ethereal caste member right? Its rumoured the death of the ethereals among Farsight when he left were quite suspicious. I don't want to believe my beloved would betray the greater good. Perhaps a mild misunderstanding at the ethereals may have been killed by orks and out of shame unable to protect them. O'Shovoh Pursues..his own redemption. Serving the greater good is what they are taught, and everything they do is intrigual to that. What if o'shovah has desires and wants. He serves the greater good because he wants to, not because he needs to. I do wish to know more about the Dawn Blade, other than recovered off an artefact world. There is so much we do not know, I guess my fluff provides a more emotional insight to the tau physce and how and why they are immune to the Chaos taint. No physchic powers... Blood for the blood god, hollered by Kais who we suspect is O'shovah from the Games and Novel by Simon Spurrier, where kias is illegedly possessed temporarily by a Demon. Perhaps they can harness the power for a short time. Perhaps their power is greater than the demon...then again perhaps not.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 19:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Kais is from T'au, O'hovah from Vior'la - I think its more a case of it being one of the few 'good' or 'easily understandble how to achieve it' names for a leader (its harder selling a brilliant general or your character in a FPS game if he is called Spoon). Its a pretty definite pointer to the fact they arn't the same.

One of the odder theories about the Dawnblade is linked to the Eldar, and the 101st sword Vaul made for Khaine (but never finished in time so slipped a mortal blade in instead). Khaine and his soldiers set off to fight the necrons and are holding them off, but one of the Eldar heros doesn't have a magic sword and so begins to tire - eventually the necrons can break through and you get the Khaine/Nightbringer face off. Khaine wins but isn't happy (and apparently has his essence tainted by NB) and goes to confront Vaul who has by this time finished his blade and fights with Khaine - being a crippled smith he loses and is chained to his anvil whilst Khaine takes the final sword. Name of this sword, not Wailing Doom but the Blade of Dawn...
Old 14 Nov 2005, 23:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin
Default Re: O'Shovah Fluff

Hmmmmm.... Well that could explain his longevity(blade that makes its wielder never tire? Close to never aging if you ask me.) Or perhaps its just GW's reuse of what sounds like a cool name. Who can say?
Old 15 Nov 2005, 02:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

"Man, these orks, they kiled that eathreal, these voices in my skull..ah screw it."
[O'Shovah gets in hsi Crisis Suit, open door. Mob of Orks outside.]
[powers up Dawn blade.]
"Say hello to my little friend!"

;D

UK-GW site has some good O"shovah fluff.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 15 Nov 2005, 12:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

O'shovah has lived for 300 years... Booyah healthy explanation. The eldar blade of dawn... Fantastic. I like this information. Damn orks...
Old 15 Nov 2005, 23:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to GunSpider Send a message via Skype™ to GunSpider

I have always thought that O'Shovahs Dawn Blade had some Eldar connection. when I told this to my friend Adam, he just scoffed (him being an Eldar playrer) and like the Eldar...he looks down on every other race. I was happy hearing that O'Shovah was still in the ne codex...though I dont use him very often, I have only seen his use in Tau vs
Tau games. other than that....I look forward to seeing more thoughts on this subject myself

For the Greater Good