Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

One Multitracker per squad?
Closed Thread
Old 12 Nov 2005, 14:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default One Multitracker per squad?

While everyone else was oohing and ahing over the templar articles in WD310, I was checking out the "Army in a Box" article. Something jumped right out at me. Either I'm an idiot or Jeff Hall is. In his 562 point list, he has three crisis suits with two weapons each, an odd assortment of fuison, plasma, and missiles...but only one multitracker. Does that not imply that having the item on one suit allows the entire unit to fire two weapons each? He did it again in his 1846 force, aparently relying on his shas'o multitracker for one of his bodyguards to fire two weapons at the same time. Is that insane, or what? Is it one multitracker per model or per squad? Imagine the possibilities...shield generators on a set of three fireknife suits, with the team leader sporting a hardwired multi...maybe that's a change in the new codex that inadvertently (or deliberately) slipped into WD a little early?

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 12 Nov 2005, 16:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: One Multitracker per squad?

Nope.* It's either an mistake, bad army planning, or a questionable change from the new codex.

The multitracker entry in the codex explicitly says "...enables the suit wearer to fire two Crisis or Broadside battlesuit weapon systems."

I'd say that's fairly unambiguous, and I'm not aware of any more recent rulings on the subject.* In fact, I don't think it's ever even come up before.

Just one more piece of proof that rule interpretations from WD are not to be trusted

Balanced is the new cheese i'd reckon. - Brushmonkey, on how 40K is supposed to be...

Best Tyranid player in the UK...until GT Heat 2, anyway...
Old 12 Nov 2005, 17:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I think he got that, usmarox, but I could be wrong.

It would be an interesting change, but one that I think is unnecessary. Also I think there's a very high likelihood that it's a poor army list. Very few people at GW/WD seem to have any competence at forming and using Tau armies. Just look at the options for Tau commanders in the enemies of the imperium campaign, if they've been released yet. Half of them were completely useless when last I saw them.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 18:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
... in WD310, I was checking out the "Army in a Box" article.* Something jumped right out at me.* Either I'm an idiot or Jeff Hall is.* In his 562 point list, he has three crisis suits with two weapons each, an odd assortment of fuison, plasma, and missiles...but only one multitracker.* Does that not imply that having the item on one suit allows the entire unit to fire two weapons each?* He did it again in his 1846 force, aparently relying on his shas'o multitracker for one of his bodyguards to fire two weapons at the same time.* Is that insane, or what?* Is it one multitracker per model or per squad?
Actually, to me it looks more like typo.
(though I do get 216 pts and not 214)

If you look at the models in the photo, two of the Crisis Suits have Multi-Trackers and only one has a Target Lock.

As for the 1,846 list, the Crisis team entry is simply a cut-n-paste of the 562 pt entry.

As for leaking stuff from the new codex, I don't think so as his point total is almost 20 pts too high for the unit.

Later,
Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 12 Nov 2005, 23:36   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

He could be using it as a drone controller? Stealthpredator
Old 13 Nov 2005, 02:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Maybe he's just an idiot...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 13 Nov 2005, 02:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

GW has never shown a great deal of knowledge about the games they make. for instance, have you read the tacticas they put out (especially the one for the tau)? or how they tell people to design their crisis suits "so that they can deal with any occurrence (not an exact quote).

If you look at it that way, a goof up with a multi-tracker isn't a big deal for the buffoons over at GW. and no, i will not apologize!
Old 13 Nov 2005, 12:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

~sigh~

Yeah, I figured it was another case of GW not knowing their own games. That would be sweet, though, being able to use one hardwired MT for the whole team, making room for shield gens or 6 gun drones...not that gun drones and crisis suits should be shooting at the same thing, mind you.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread