Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Tau Models
Closed Thread
Old 11 Nov 2005, 15:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default New Tau Models

Hey All,
I was browsing on the tau forums yesterday and someone said when are they releases the new tau models then some one replied saying march so are there gonna be ew models and will they still look the same and is it worth me trying to make a tau army now or waiting until the new models come out
Elliot (From Wales ;D)
Old 11 Nov 2005, 16:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: New Tau Models

Buy a core force now... but expect plastic stealths, new rules for other things, and generally your Tau will become more kick@ss.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 11 Nov 2005, 17:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau link
... but expect plastic stealths, ...
Next Summer

Quote:
... new rules for other things ...
Next Spring

Later,
Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 11 Nov 2005, 18:01   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: up nord where it snows like a jamaican with dandruff(mn, us)
Send a message via AIM to j1m7 Send a message via MSN to j1m7

i saw where they had broad sides that stood more upright, had a sleeker design and had the RGs HORIZONTAL. now tell me that don't look cool
Old 11 Nov 2005, 18:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1m7
i saw where they had broad sides that stood more upright, had a sleeker design and had the RGs HORIZONTAL.* now tell me that don't look cool
Are you talking about the the Forge World models?

From what I have heard, with the possible exception of some sort of "commander" boxed set (maybe similar to what the Space Marines got), most of the changes will be small (and have been mentioned elsewhere. i.e., strengthing ankle connection, etc).

Later,
Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 11 Nov 2005, 21:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

First of all, i think that we'll see real soon whats up to come.
In about 3 months i think, the web's full of pictures what's up to come.

In the german boards it seems that the follwoing minitaures a quite probably to be new:

- new fast attack unit which is kind of a pathfinder controlling up to three drones with railguns in the way of a sniper.
- a new female HQ Aun in a battlesuit using two seperatly firing fusionblasters and also having a special (!) shield drone with new rules ( unfortunately only for this independet charakter )
- new weaponary for the devilfish ( SMS )
- redsigned plastic-XV15 battlesuits
- plastic piranha (! instead of extra FW stuff )
- plastic tetras ( ! instead of extra FW stuff )
- plastic sky ray ( as above - directly from GW )
- it's also presumably that the XV8 battlesuits gonna get a new weapon and wargear like already written down in IA III
- the vespids
- the offical entry of human auxillary troops
- new wargear for vehicles and XV88 broadside
- NO solution for the gun-drone problem in mixed units, but it seems like normal shield drones are getting the Toughness and the RW from the model it's associated with ( think about a squad of XV88 with 2 Gun-drones with T4 and 2+ Save ;D - i would love those )
- the devilfish for the pathfinders could be cheaper a little bit.
- NO heavy or special weapon in firewarrior squads
- Look like Aun'shi isn't in the new codex - Hope the rules for him will stay vaild.

EDIT !!!!
- Ah.. and it looks like the markerlight rules are gonna be changed - I'm not sure if the change is good or not.
They tell each markerlight hit is just a modifier, but kumulativ. e.G. +1 to the BF and -1 for cover.
People i know are not sure if this concern a whole unit shooting ( which do some say and would be great.... - a whole unit firewarrior firing twice within 12" with BF4 ) or like now only one model.
If it was only one model it would be the death for each pathfinder unit.
If it was for the whole unit ....
Think about ...
4 Markerlight hits on a greater deamon wihin a 4+ destroyed building for example.:
First hit: +1 to BF = BF4
Second hit: +1 to BF = BF5
Third hit: -1 for cover
fourth hit: -1 for cover

24 shots hitting on 2+ wounding on 6+ ( if T=6 ) and a Cover-Save of 6+ for the enemy.
Doesn't sound that bad, does it ?

That's what i'm remebering in this short time.
Greetz
Wolkenmann

Old 11 Nov 2005, 21:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Been said a lot - but the Tetra isn't in it and I wouldn't expect to see a plastic Skyray or Pirhana til the 3rd Tau book. Devilfish is easy enough to sort out anyway as its just the SMS off the hammerhead on it, might not even been recut so they are on the sprue.

Don't think the human auxileries are going to be in it and have heard that the current stealth suits are so much being replaced, but augmented with the new plastics and may continue to be sold.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 21:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

That's only what's rumoring in many german boards.
But it came from many well known sources, so i think it could be true.
TAU vehicles are still a bit "lopsided" - so for a technical race like the TAU it seems quite sensible adding them new "official" and well known vehicles...

as i said.
We're all gonna see....
Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8

gohttp://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11933.0 here, for lots of shooty death!!

Aquila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Old 12 Nov 2005, 02:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonzipper98
Hey All,
I was browsing on the tau forums yesterday and someone said when are they releases the new tau models then some one replied saying march so are there gonna be ew models and will they still look the same and is it worth me trying to make a tau army now or waiting until the new models come out
Elliot (From Wales ;D)
We do have an Important Topics sticky here for a reason :P

Quote:
(Click here to Read) :: UK Games Day 2005 (New Codex, Vespids & more) :: [size=7pt]"I've heard a lot about Vespids and the new Codex, where can I find more information?"[/size]
As for changes to existing models
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ mace
link=topic=13484.msg217911#msg217911 date=1131606911]
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=13071.0

Expect the new codex in the first quarter of 2006.

Repeating model changes AGAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ mace
link=topic=12508.msg207211#msg207211 date=1129617950]
I went through this in another thread, but here it is again off the top of my head, looking at each model in the current range:
Ethereal - None that I know of, there might be some new models, but I don't think the existing ones will be updated
XV8's - minor ankle fix? possibly some extra's whilst they're at it, e.g. an additional sprue with more things, maybe updated armour. But that part is speculation.
XV88's - same as XV8, possibly a minor ankle fix
XV15's - Being remade in plastic. New models. Probably being replaced, however apparently both the new plastic ones and old metal ones will be available, depending on which ones you like.
Fire Warriors - None that I know of
Pathfinders - None that I know of
Kroot - None..
Kroot hounds - none..
Krootox - none..
Drones - none.. (maybe new drone types, but existing ones shouldn't be affected)
Devilfish - Possibly a SMS drone addon.
Hammerhead - None that I know of.
Shouldn't be any changes with the hammerhead, though crisis suits will most likely get a model update, and possibly some extra's.
And new models:
- Vespids (metal)
- New Plastic Stealths - rumoured to be called XV25's, but they're still used as stealthsuits
- Plastic Piranha (Similar to forgeworld one)
- *Rumoured* Plastic Skyray (Similar to forgeworld one)
- New Special Characters, ranging from various ethereals, to rumoured female stealth commander

* Wolkenmannn - I don't think the tetra made it.

And Rules:
- Markerlight Update
- New wargear for XV8s ("Special Issue" - commanders only I assume) and possibly for vehicles
- Rail rifle and Human Aux are most likely to be added it
- Some form of drones fix
- See Rumour Roundup

Just to emphasize, see these threads in addition to the above quotes:
UK Games Day 2005 (New Codex, Vespids & more)
Rumour Roundup

And if you have any further questions, make sure you do a forum search, have a look at the Important Topics sticky, look in the rumours board, and look over the past few pages of threads here.

Locked.