Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot/Farsight counts as list.
Closed Thread
Old 11 Nov 2005, 04:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Kroot/Farsight counts as list.

I have an idea for a fluffy army. I don't even care if it works well on the table, it would just be cool. I think I'll limit it to combat patrol size. I would like to have a patrol that represents very well equipped Kroot mercs. A Kroot/firewarrior conversion to count as fire warriors with the farsight special rules. And some run down looking Kroot Crisis-suits. Weapons would be limited to burst cannon, flamer and missile pod, to represent the lack of access to more exotic weapons, as far as fluff goes, also the weapons listed make good choices for a combat patrol.
This list raises one very important question.
Can you use the Farsite special rule in a combat patrol list without the special character, because he is not allowed.
I can explain the lack of kroot fieldcraft as a result of the extra armor they wear. As allways all feedback and suggestions are welcome.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 05:38   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Kroot/Farsight counts as list.

Well unless you wanted the ability to upgrade your FWs with the additional Ws and I, you could just use the basic list, and use self-imposed limits on what you could use. Since you can't use O'Shovah, you can't use his special rules.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 09:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

So you want to use Farsight's special rules to portray the fact that the Fire Warriors are actually Kroot? Sadly you can't do that in without using Farsight himself (which you can't in Combat Patrol), so you won't be able to do that officially but there isn't anything stopping you from making up rules for your Kroot FW's, Kroot Crisis Suits etc, which would be about the only way you could do this.

Oh and one more thing, a while back in the conversion board I do believe GreyDeath made a Kroot Crisis Suit, i'll try and fish out the link for you. Here it is:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=2818.0

I also think someone made some rules for them too. Here:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11453.0

That should be enough food for thought. And if you do go for the making it up approach then if you ask nice enough I may be able to help you make up some rules for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 14:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Alternatively, check out these its a normal Tau army but with the suits...well slightly different.
http://www.hivefleetmoloch.de/kroot_renegades.php
Old 12 Nov 2005, 19:37   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you state though that your army is an O'Shavah army couldn't you get away with saying that combat patrol would have the ability and I think it would be fair in a campiagn or multiple games if you make clear and stick to that your army is an O'Shavah army.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 20:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

Just say that the bulk weapons and armor limit the Kroots ability in close combat. Seriously the pulse rifle isn't the most easily wielded weapon. Very long, bulky, and square.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 23:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ace of Spades
If you state though that your army is an O'Shavah army couldn't you get away with saying that combat patrol would have the ability and I think it would be fair in a campiagn or multiple games if you make clear and stick to that your army is an O'Shavah army.
But in order for it to be a Farsight army Farsight must be used, in this case he cannot thus it ain't a Farsight army. That's the way it is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Closed Thread