Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question/Answers from IA 3 -> What we can gain/lose in the new codex
Closed Thread
Old 09 Nov 2005, 20:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808
Default Question/Answers from IA 3 -> What we can gain/lose in the new codex

I've just read trough this and found some mayor clues as to what we can get/lose in the new codex.

1. The Crisis and Broadside battle suits rules have different options from those in the Codex, and different points values. Some of these options are not explained. Where can I find the rules for ‘advanced stabilisation systems’ or Shas’o R’myr’s ejection system, what is an networked Markerlight?
This is because the battle suits have the options from the forthcoming ‘Tau Empire’ codex, not the current Tau codex. You’ll have to wait until its release to get the rules. Until then, ignore options you don’t have the rules for. This was done to give IA3 a longevity it would not have had if we had used the current, soon to be outdated, Codex rules.

So it seems that the 'advanced stabilisation systems', Shas'o R'myr (or just his ejection system) and the networked Markerlight are becoming official. As they response it will be in the new codex (Tau Empire).
This will give us:
1) The ability to move and shoot with our Broadsides (or at least we all hope so). Or maybe it's just for the Crisis suits with the Heavy weapons.
2) A new hero Shas'o R'myr which I would find a good alternative to the hero's we have now.
Or we get an ejection system on some/all (at a cost probably) of our Crisis suits. I'm not sure on what this would be like. I guess it would be like a selfdestruct button that first ejects the pilot and let's the suit explode. This would be so cool as when your losing a CC you just blow-up your suit and take some enemy's whit you ;D
3) A networked Markerlight, guess it's a markerlight that let's you mark for your own guns or something like that. This may be the end of twinlinked weapons, altough this would probably only be for Teamleaders or commanders.

4. Can Crisis battlesuit teams still be bonded?
Again, this is covered in the new Codex.

Maybe a downside to the new Codex, we may loose the ability to bond our Crisis teams. This however will be a mayor drawback, as it saved my units more then once in battles.

Greetz

Old 09 Nov 2005, 21:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Question/Answers from IA 3 -> What we can gain/lose in the new codex

Unless it was such an obvious option it has become standard, and all Crisis teams are bonded now.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 07:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Question/Answers from IA 3 -> What we can gain/lose in the new codex

Advanced stabilisers - Slow and Purposful global special rule I think, for the broadsides.
Ejection system - what it does is hinted at in various threads around here.. not sure where the post is
Networked markerlight - mark for itself/it's own unit. I think this applies to the skyray?

I'm not too worried about crisis suit bonding, as I don't go heavy on them, so mine are all monat's. Downsides would probably be an increased cost for plasma rifles. Though I think it balances out through other things getting cheaper, and the overall (fireknife) suit getting cheaper.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 07:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

From what I can figure in my wee tiny brain.. I figure the new tau codex may or may not include the following...(this is just using GW updates, owning IAIII (no I don't own all of them, It did hurt a bit to buy it) plus paying attention to other hints) the next tau codex will most likely include at least the following few things....
Rules for a new race..the vespid (most likely a close-combat type troop with a (so rumored-marine killing radiation-type weapon.(if that's true every assault marine army will be up on E-bay day after release.) but probably a nice assault type weapon coupled with fast movement.
Rules for the Tetra and Piranhna varients (IAIII states you can have up to 5! piranhas per squad).......they are awesome models but bu**er me if i'm gonna pay 85$ Can .each for a squad....so as rumoured possibly plastic pirahnas, tetras or both (the work brilliantly together..I'v tried..it's awesome to see.
[hr]
Also I'm pretty sure we will see the rules for "move and shoot Broadsides" which is is well deserved of a very under-used Tau unit (no apology to those who use them...kudos to you..see the new forgeworld one...hhmmm? droolworthy. hghmhmmmmmhh

[size=7pt]Edit by Aunny: Please do not double post; There is a modify button that is useful.[/size]
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm not sure i'm gonna use this stabilization system on my BS.... that will leave them without any protection...perhaps in a team of 2 i can use 1 Advanced Stabilization Sys and 1 Drone Controller

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire

I think the Ejector System is like the one on our aircraft, but I don't think I'm allowed to say what the rules are on TO.

Tyrehire

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglim
I'm not sure i'm gonna use this stabilization system on my BS.... that will leave them without any protection...perhaps in a team of 2 i can use 1 Advanced Stabilization Sys and 1 Drone Controller
Just have the team leader with a HW Drone Controller. That way you have the Drones and the Stabilization Systems
Old 10 Nov 2005, 12:41   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

1) This seems likely, as it does not appear that Crisis suits will be gaining any "heavy" weapons, so the Broadside is the only suit that could benefit (barring a Stealthsuit with a markerlight).

2) O'R'myr is from IA3, not the codex. There should be at least one new Special Character, though, possibly two.

3) Supposedly markerlights are being completely overhauled. We will just have to wait and see...
Old 11 Nov 2005, 01:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm also guessing they might attempt to fix the Drone/majority toughness problem so that drones absorb damage the way they were meant to without turning your crisis into a fluffy little kitten :
Old 11 Nov 2005, 12:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkmonkey
I'm also guessing they might attempt to fix the Drone/majority toughness problem so that drones absorb damage the way they were meant to without turning your crisis into a fluffy little kitten :
From what I've heard, only for shield drones, gun and marker drones remain as they are now.
Closed Thread