Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Trouble! Please read!
Closed Thread
Old 07 Nov 2005, 02:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx
Default Trouble! Please read!

I have a game tomorrow and my friend wants to use Flyers. I bought a Tau Barracuda a while ago but never bought the 100 dollar book for the 2 pages of rules+pictures of/for my model. So yeah, I don't know the point cost, statline, or wargear options. Could someone who knows reply to this with what I need or would it be breaking a rule. I'd appreciate it times 10.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 07 Nov 2005, 02:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: Trouble! Plz read!

I belive their copy right infringements protecting the book so I'll tell you how to stop flyer.
As many shots as posile in your army(ion head-missles,brodsides with missle burst multi)and other things.
Also just ask your freind to borrow the book.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 07 Nov 2005, 02:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
I have a game tomorrow and my friend wants to use Flyers. I bought a Tau Barracuda a while ago but never bought the 100 dollar book for the 2 pages of rules+pictures of/for my model. So yeah, I don't know the point cost, statline, or wargear options. Could someone who knows reply to this with what I need or would it be breaking a rule. I'd appreciate it times 10.
Posting rules is copyright infringement and not allowed. However if your friend wants to use flyers he should have the rules and perhaps he has the ones you need, on the other hand if you dont know the rules for your flyer then you could just request that you do not use the rules. Or perhaps someone else you know has them and will let you borrow them or something. However we cannot post them here.

Old 07 Nov 2005, 03:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

You could use the VDR rules to create the flyer you have. There are some tau VDR rules floating around somewhere... I can't remember where though. :-\

Just google it, and use them.
Old 07 Nov 2005, 03:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaldun
You could use the VDR rules to create the flyer you have.* There are some tau VDR rules floating around somewhere... I can't remember where though.* :-\

Just google it, and use them.
A good idea but VDR is overpriced and Forgeworld stuff tends to be unbalanced so he would be going in with a distinct disadvantage. Though VDR may be the only way to go if you cant get the actual rules.

Old 07 Nov 2005, 05:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

It is indeed against the forum rules. You should've already been aware of the forum rules here, upon joining this forum. If not, I suggest you read them now - Forum Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Online
Posting of Copyrighted Information
Games Workshop spends huge amounts of money to produce rules and fluff for our enjoyment. As such Games Workshop doesn't want their copyrighted material posted on these forums and so posting of copyrighted rules, stat lines, fluff etc is prohibited. To see Games Workshop's official line on this, please read their Intellectual Property policy.
Either, find someone with a copy of IAV3 and get the rules off them in person, check if you're friends have the rules, or just not use flyers until you can get them (or alternatively, make up your own rules with vdr etc). This page might help: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/gaming/flyers/

Locked.