Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

why do people make things complicated?
Closed Thread
Old 06 Nov 2005, 20:25   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default why do people make things complicated?

people are always worried about really hard tactics and paint schemes well i say don't make things complicated. A lot of people try to tell me to make a proper tactic when i have 1!! my tactic is to play to my strength's and advantages and i use my sense of angles to manoeuvre my men in cover to sneak around the enemy or just lay in wait . as for my enemy's advantages i just try to avoid them to get close or i use deep strike. as for painting I'm not very good but i thinking of spraying my men black and using blood red and chainmail to make em look cool 8)l easy and effective * * * * * * * * * *happy to hear any arguments or tactics people

[size=7pt]Edit by Aunny: Please take 5 seconds before you hit post and re-read your topic...then punch the spell check! Thank you.[/size]
Old 07 Nov 2005, 09:17   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: why do people make things complicated?

Quote:
i say dont make things complicated
Is that what happened with your spelling and grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 07 Nov 2005, 13:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

1.* Well painted miniatures please the eye.

2.* Well painted miniatures bring a sense of pride to the artist.

3.* Well painted miniatures intimidate some opponents.* At all levels.* I played against an army containing 3 GD-winning models in a tournament...all I could think of was "holy [EDITED], three golden demons, this guy is going to slaughter me"* He did, but it was a self-fulfilling prophecy brought on by my distraction.* Painting skill does not equal gaming skill, but we make that association anyway.

4.* Well painted miniatures get better dice rolls...okay, not really.

As for "tactics" your idea of "well, er, um, it's like maybe I play to my strengths and uh, avoid my opponent's strengths, yeah, that's it, isn't it?"....that's not a tactic.* It makes you sound like you have no flipping clue what you're doing...I'll be you play your tau like they're space marines...and lose.

The demon bomb is a tactic.

scouts with teleport homers brining in terminators is a cheap copy of the same tactic.

the fish of fury is a tactic.

the rhino rush is a tactic.

screening your IC crisis suit with four sets of two drones from your skimmers is a tactic.

buy low and sell high (which is all you've really said here) is not a tactic.

[size=7pt]Edit by Aunny: I edited the language content of your post as regarding the rules of TauOnline. Please refrain from this again. Thanks![/size]

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 07 Nov 2005, 14:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
1.* Well painted miniatures please the eye.

2.* Well painted miniatures bring a sense of pride to the artist.

3.* Well painted miniatures intimidate some opponents.* At all levels.* I played against an army containing 3 GD-winning models in a tournament...all I could think of was "holy [I swear too much], three golden demons, this guy is going to slaughter me"* He did, but it was a self-fulfilling prophecy brought on by my distraction.* Painting skill does not equal gaming skill, but we make that association anyway.

4.* Well painted miniatures get better dice rolls...okay, not really.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
As for "tactics" your idea of "well, er, um, it's like maybe I play to my strengths and uh, avoid my opponent's strengths, yeah, that's it, isn't it?"....that's not a tactic.* It makes you sound like you have no flipping clue what you're doing...I'll be you play your tau like they're space marines...and lose.
I completely agree! Just "winging it" doesn't mean that is a tactic...nor is it gaming skill. "Winging-it" is just playing turn by turn, without looking into the future turns (not literally, but you know what I mean!)

Excellent post March10k! +1

edit: I think you meant 'winging it'? Just what I was going to say =P -mace

Edit by Aunny: Oh, thanks for the catch!
Old 07 Nov 2005, 21:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ACE666

Another good tactic is to always keep them guessing and really it is one of the easiest and best tactics there is.
the trick is to never go for the obvious because your opponent has most likely got a trap in place.
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliel
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 08 Nov 2005, 01:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

your all forgeting, piant schemes don't have to be simple to be beautiful, drybrushing several layers over a base coat can look very coherent and good, especially if you take more time then usual on the details, and certain other aspects, (such as basing and converting) to draw people's eye's away from the scheme. but apart from that... no, you are wrong. planing is a necessary part of the game, a even a slapshod plan is better then none, and is the difference between a noob and a vet. a masterful plan can win the game through all but the worst of luck, the spiders quickly closing web, (a trick I made up) is an example of an effective plan, I won't take the time to explain it here, but it usually ends in a few men escaping from a killing ground only to end up in a mass assault.

Tau 9/3/0 Space Wolves 50/28/15

RAAAAAARGH!
what now?
raaaaaargh.
oh.

I'll beat you down with my ukos!
whats ukos mean?
never mind
I can chew through metal bars, spit acid, carry in one hand weapons that normal men have to mount on tanks, I'm then ft. tall, can eat rocks, and your telling my I don't get lunch break?!?!?! I bet you do. mmmmhmmmm, riiiiight.
Closed Thread