Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

tau life?
Closed Thread
Old 05 Nov 2005, 21:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default tau life?

i wnat to know what are the main structures of tau life are. what time is lunch,tea,breakfast get ready for war time and things like that. mainly the parts of a tau day.

i'm not sure about this topic cos i'm not sure if its been done but i searched and there was nothing there.

join the iron maiden cult, for iron maiden!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=19802.0
Old 06 Nov 2005, 02:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: tau life?

that would be hard to conceptualize.. really, because its very very hard to imagine. why? I'll give a good example... the Tau Septic tank Cleaner.

The Tau Septic Tank Cleaner simply LOVES his job!!!! he cant WAIT to go out and scrape the... gunk.. off of septic tank walls 16 hours of the day! why? because hes doing.... his part... for the greater good!! and THIS is what gives his life joy and his days meaning. Heaven forbid hes sick.... that would be a lousy day.... because he CANT go out and scrape the gunk off of septic tank walls.... oh, DARN IT!!!

thats how their whole world works. its kindof what we'd call a utopian existence... but one where everyone DOESNT go INSANE with boredom!!
Old 06 Nov 2005, 04:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

I'm dying of laughter

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 06 Nov 2005, 04:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Fire Caste: Do drills all the time and they enjoy it. They enjoy the constant nagging and insults of the Shas'ui thats breathing behind their neck, knowing that their suffer makes them better fighters which contributes to the Tau'va.

Earth Caste: I think Calaban described it fully enough. ;D

Air Caste: They go into a plane and fly around all day. Some of them are mailmen and go around sept to sept to give little Jimmy his first Pulse Rifle that aunty Sally is giving him.

Water Caste: They're like us. They sit at a desk all day answering phone calls (or whatever Tau use for long-distance communication) and signing paperwork. Some of them sit there handing stuff to people and taking stuff from Earth Caste farmers.

Ethereal Caste: They sit in their chairs and argue about politics all day. They're like George Bush except less corrupt and more worshipped.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 06 Nov 2005, 08:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to wind777

Actually they dont enjoy it there pritty much forced to do what there told most just learn to coup and dont risists becaue all there life there taught the greater good.
Old 06 Nov 2005, 11:41   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I do think "enjoy" is the wrong word. I don't enjoy working, but I do enjoy the rewards it brings (ie: money).

Thus I would imagine that, whilst our ceptic tank-cleaning friend wouldn't be singing happy songs all day, he would go to bed each night (after his fifth shower of the day) knowing he has helped make the Empire a better place...

...then that bastard pub-owner across the street has a curry night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 06 Nov 2005, 13:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I do think "enjoy" is the wrong word. I don't enjoy working, but I do enjoy the rewards it brings (ie: money).

Thus I would imagine that, whilst our ceptic tank-cleaning friend wouldn't be singing happy songs all day, he would go to bed each night (after his fifth shower of the day) knowing he has helped make the Empire a better place...

...then that bastard pub-owner across the street has a curry night.
I agree with this. I also think that the Tau would try and excell in what they do and their aim is to go up in ranks so that they gain more xperience and do more important jobs, thus serve the Tau'va even better than they already do

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 06 Nov 2005, 14:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Spaceknight

Aparentlly the new codex will spark of a few novels/insight books to each Tau races (allies included) way of living

Im dyislexic dont hate me for it
Old 06 Nov 2005, 19:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

well, I guess the dinstinction is that a Tau Septic tank wall scraper guy would NEVER EVER throw his scrape-shovel to the ground and shout "I quit!!!" ....EVER! his children will do it, his grandchildren will do it, forever... content (if not joyfull)

this basic concept is more alien than pretty much anything else about Tau... we cant see it without scratching our heads in bewilderment.. or even guess to the 'why' about it all.... which makes it interesting!
Old 06 Nov 2005, 23:12   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
well, I guess the dinstinction is that a Tau Septic tank wall scraper guy would NEVER EVER throw his scrape-shovel to the ground and shout "I quit!!!" ....EVER! his children will do it, his grandchildren will do it, forever... content (if not joyfull)
Not quite.

As a septic tank cleaner, he's a Fio'La. When he becomes a Fio'Ui, he moves up into a cleaning crew superviser. At Fio'Vre, he's a district manager. Fio'El sees him as a sector manager, and Fio'O he's a city manager. He doesn't spend his whole life in the same menial job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread