Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau medical centres
Closed Thread
Old 05 Nov 2005, 18:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG
Default Tau medical centres

I was just thinking about a friend of mine whose recovering from a coma in the hospital... and I wondered, who runs the Tau medical centres??? The por caste?

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 05 Nov 2005, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tau medical centres

Fio most likely do most of the work... with some Por to handle the paperwork. If the medical centre was on the front lines, or in a high-risk area, Shas would probably provide the medical staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 05 Nov 2005, 19:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

That makes sense. And I guess alot of it would be automated anyway, probably keeping the patients in a state of unconsciousness until they are cured.

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 05 Nov 2005, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

That's very impractical. It is often useful for the patient to be able to tell you about what they perceive to be wrong... that and some conditions kill the patient if they lose conciousness (usually the really serious injuries).

People don't need knocking out for a dislocation of a limb, pulling a muscle, having a tooth removed, or countless other surgeries. They would probably use "knock out" sedatives less than we do.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 05 Nov 2005, 19:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

true... I hadn't thought of it in that way... hmmm

Old 05 Nov 2005, 21:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Still it would probably be heavily automated. Drones may not be the doctor but a fio giving a group of medical drones instructions to perform surgeries would make it go very quickly I imagine. Front line medical bays would probably have shas personel with drones providing most of the treatment and any really serious injuries are sent away from the field to get treatement from fio medics.

Everything that is not diplomatic (por) piloted (kor) and combat (shas) is done by the fio. Medics, mechanics, technicians, scientists, architects and much more. Drones and AI are what probably makes it possible for the fio to perform so many jobs. As the fio would not need to perform all the manual tasks they can direct drones made for specific purposes to cut things, prefabrocate parts, move things around, install equipment and so on and so forth. Medical profesions included.

However front line bases would most likely be differant. With the threat of combat the staff would have to be armed or at least have guards. The fio may have some presence on the front lines... maybe not. However with the use of drones shas can probably provide moderate medical services near the front lines and the shas are deffinetly trained for first aid.

Old 06 Nov 2005, 00:02   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't think Drones do any surgery or so forth. Drones are cumbersome, and if the Shas drones are anything to go buy, they aren't capable of presicion work.

Quote:
Old 06 Nov 2005, 00:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
That's very impractical. It is often useful for the patient to be able to tell you about what they perceive to be wrong... that and some conditions kill the patient if they lose consciousness (usually the really serious injuries).
That's assuming they don't have some advanced version of X-Ray's and also assuming that the body armor they wear doesn't send back biological logistics on the wearer. Considering how we're led to believe the Tau are extremely advanced scientifically it isn't a far stretch to picture. At the same rate it isn't impossible for them to use a cryogenic system for transporting the seriously injured and for the less grievous injuries I could picture them using a nonchemical based pain reducer.

I agree with you beyond that. But considering they're running around in power armor with anti-grav being common place, it isn't exactly a stretch to assume the medical tech they use is equally advanced.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Old 06 Nov 2005, 00:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to wind777

Not all drones are the same. If a drone is programmed to opperate on a tau im sure it would do a good job. The drones on the battle field are actually beter then a firewarrior if you think about it. Your rolling 8 rolls of 5 and 6 to hit thats 33% chance of getting a hit and then you re role the missed shots that like rolling one dice and hopping for 3,4,5,and 6 because your looking for 5 and 6 on 2 dices. The drones therefor have beter aim then a firewarrior. So many times a squad of 8 drones will land more hits then 12 firewarrior. Last game i played i got like 7 hits with the drones on the last turn and like 5-6 the rest of the game where as the firewarriors get 6 almost always and there are 4 more firewarror. Drones are programmed to just firelots and lost of ammo. Im sure they could easly make a drones that takes lots and lots of detail and deleacet work to opperate on a tau soldier. It all the way there programmed a tau drones has greator aim then a firewarrior in my oppinion.
Old 06 Nov 2005, 01:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

I would assume Tau surgical drones would be extremely precise as a) they probably would be more of a long dextrous arm than a flying disc like Shas drones and b) would be entirely focussed on performing surgery as opposed to firing, surviving, coodinating attacks, staying in formation, avoiding obstacles, monitoring ammunition, and all other battle associated concerns.
Closed Thread