Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle reports
Closed Thread
Old 03 Nov 2005, 14:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Belgium, Burcht
Posts: 454
Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808
Default Battle reports


I was thinking of a new sub forum for battle reports. (Maybe not my task but )

As I would want to read more (voted in poll) but sometimes I just don't have the time. The problem with this is that this forum is so active (don't get me wrong it's also a good thing) that when I have some spare time I have around 100 or more unread posts. It's really hard to sort out the battlereports from normal topics (if they don't put it in the name).

Maybe a message icon that's reserved for battle reports :

Any thoughts/ideas?

Greetz
__________________

Pisces_808 is offline  
Old 03 Nov 2005, 14:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 2,232
Default Re: Battle reports

Well, this had been brought up once before: way back in the distant past...

If there were more battle reports (that involve at least one army being Tau, of course) posted up, perhaps then to keep things neat a child board would be made up; like the Army Lists board. One will have to wait and see...
Shasel_Aunat is offline  
Old 03 Nov 2005, 14:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,194
Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Battle reports

I would prefer to keep the battle reports in the general area. There are going to be people who do not bother looking in child boards and they will get less attention. The Army Lists board is far more active than any battle report would if the current number of battle reports is any indication.

However perhaps titling them as battle reports specificly would be better or having a distinct icon of some kind. There are many ways people title battle reports, mine is thus:

Name, points value, armies

So a battle that I was massacred in against say world eaters would be as follows:

Dark Day, 1500pts, Tau vs World Eaters

That is just how I do it but I have seen many others that are just a name, say battle report only or just the points value and opponent. A standardized method if titling battle reports might make finding them easier. I know what you mean I dont always have the time to read battle reports or long articles when they appear as much as I would like to and sometimes they are gone when I do have the time. Searching through pages and pages of topics is not too practical either.

Still a child board just would not see an appropriate level of activity to justify its existence... at least not yet. Perhaps hyping the creation of more battle reports would help.
__________________



Vash113 is offline  
Old 03 Nov 2005, 14:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 2,232
Default Re: Battle reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Still a child board just would not see an appropriate level of activity to justify its existence... at least not yet. Perhaps hyping the creation of more battle reports would help.
Precisely what I was getting to Vash! A child board will be not in existence for a while, so the general area is sufficient.

Perhaps if everyone put in "Battle Report - Tau Vs Tyranids" or something along that line, it would be easy to search for.
Shasel_Aunat is offline  
Old 03 Nov 2005, 19:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Retired back into the depths of the Internets.
Posts: 6,440
Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Battle reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_808
I was thinking of a new sub forum for battle reports. (Maybe not my task but )
There use to be one a while ago, that one was removed due to inactivity.
__________________
mace is offline  
Old 03 Nov 2005, 22:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,379
Default Re: Battle reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_808

I was thinking of a new sub forum for battle reports. (Maybe not my task but )

As I would want to read more (voted in poll) but sometimes I just don't have the time. The problem with this is that this forum is so active (don't get me wrong it's also a good thing) that when I have some spare time I have around 100 or more unread posts. It's really hard to sort out the battlereports from normal topics (if they don't put it in the name).

Maybe a message icon that's reserved for battle reports :

Any thoughts/ideas?

Greetz
Well the Battle Report sub-forum would only happen if the main board was overrun with Battle reports (as it was with Army Lists prior to it's sub-forum). Yes, i realise I am only repeating what others have said at this stage in time...

Regarding the message icon bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
However perhaps titling them as battle reports specificly would be better or having a distinct icon of some kind. There are many ways people title battle reports, mine is thus:

Name, points value, armies

So a battle that I was massacred in against say world eaters would be as follows:

Dark Day, 1500pts, Tau vs World Eaters

That is just how I do it but I have seen many others that are just a name, say battle report only or just the points value and opponent. A standardized method if titling battle reports might make finding them easier. I know what you mean I dont always have the time to read battle reports or long articles when they appear as much as I would like to and sometimes they are gone when I do have the time. Searching through pages and pages of topics is not too practical either.
Vash is right on the money with this one. The easiest method would be to simply add "Battle Report:" at the beginning of the title of battle report threads. We can easily enough edit titles to do this so battle reports would be easier to find. I may add a little note in a sticky at the top of the board requesting new battle reports have "Battle Report:" at the beginning of the title.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay
"Nice guys finish last"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
RJay is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battle Reports??? Hyena031 Orks 1 14 Mar 2007 13:17
Battle reports... Necronator Necrons 6 08 Mar 2007 18:10
Battle reports Aun_shaun Tau Online Comments/Suggestions 2 09 Dec 2005 16:51
Where are battle reports now? aglim Tau Online Comments/Suggestions 4 06 Aug 2005 10:14