Warhammer 40K Forum

Gue'vesa and DF
Closed Thread
Old 02 Nov 2005, 08:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG
Default Gue'vesa and DF

can Gue'vesa be transported in DF?

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 08:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Gue'vesa and DF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrdiG
can Gue'vesa be transported in DF?
Short: No.

Longer: No. Devilfish can only be bough as a dedicated transport for Firewarriors and pathfinders. Dedicated transports can only transport their dedicated squads. Gue´Vesa´La can´t buy dedicated transport.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 09:03   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

PrdiG is correct.We have to wait and see if Vepsids have an option to buy a DF.......(if they aren't Jump Pack infantry)
Old 02 Nov 2005, 12:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

They most certainly are jump pack infantry, unless those wings are for decoration. Which they're not.

But yeah, there needs to be something like...

Transport:The entire squad of (x) can be mounted in a (y) for + (z) points.

Human Auxillary used to be the Tau's enemy, they tried to completely erraticate them and did a decent job of it until they had to leave because of the Hive Fleets closing in. The Tau are open, but I doubt they'd lend their former enemies their only form of Troop Transport available. Gue'vesa are suicide troops, why do you think they're only given the option to have EMPs? Buy a cheap squad, give em carbines and EMP and run them at open troop transports, sentinels, land speeders, etc.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 02 Nov 2005, 15:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
They most certainly are jump pack infantry, unless those wings are for decoration. Which they're not.

* * * * * * *Transport:The entire squad of (x) can be mounted in a (y) for + (z) points.

Human Auxiliary used to be the Tau's enemy, they tried to completely erraticate them and did a decent job of it until they had to leave because of the Hive Fleets closing in. The Tau are open, but I doubt they'd lend their former enemies their only form of Troop Transport available. Gue'vesa are suicide troops, why do you think they're only given the option to have EMPs? Buy a cheap squad, give em carbines and EMP and run them at open troop transports, sentinels, land speeders, etc.
That is a very cynical approach to the Tau. I believe they truly feel the humans can add to their way of life. And if you want to get cynical - every new citizen is a taxable citizen. Gotta pay for those expensive battlesuits somehow.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 15:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG

so in short, the answer is no... (sigh)

I would have thought it logical for the tau to allow their auxils to use their transports, since they believe that the Gue'vesa are following the path of the Tau'va, u would think that they would equip them to fit in well with their miliary tactics, some of which include DF...

Also the fact that the tau believe in using their tactics to minimise their own losses, u would think they would equip the Gue'vesa to have more mobility, rather than using them as human shields or suicidal squads for taking out enemy armor... This goes against their beliefs of using the units under their control to achieve the best results while conserving as many as possible

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 15:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

On a related topic, are there any rules on taking Human transports for the Human Auxillaries. It seems that they allow them to produce their own weapons, why not their own transports. Its not like the Tau see these "crude armored vehicles" as a threat.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 15:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx

* * * * * * *Transport:The entire squad of (x) can be mounted in a (y) for + (z) points.

Human Auxillary used to be the Tau's enemy, they tried to completely erraticate them and did a decent job of it until they had to leave because of the Hive Fleets closing in. The Tau are open, but I doubt they'd lend their former enemies their only form of Troop Transport available. Gue'vesa are suicide troops, why do you think they're only given the option to have EMPs? Buy a cheap squad, give em carbines and EMP and run them at open troop transports, sentinels, land speeders, etc.
It´s game play reasons:
If Tau had given Human auxiliaries armor like theirs, and pulse weapons, that would have resulted in players fielding two kinds of pulse weapon toting 4+ save troops, with the only difference being maybe 1 or 2 points in price, and human aux having WS3 and I3 (I think).

For that, what would be the difference between Tau in carapace armed with pulse rifle, and Human in carapace armed with pulse rifle?

The reason human aux. have 5+ save and lasguns is for game balance, it has nothing to do with Tau using them as minestompers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawk
On a related topic, are there any rules on taking Human transports for the Human Auxillaries.* It seems that they allow them to produce their own weapons, why not their own transports.* Its not like the Tau see these "crude armored vehicles" as a threat.
Not as it is, but I wouldn´t mind seeing a chimera with no upgrades (maybe Seeker missiles, but I don´t think others would fit it) as a Gue´Vesa´La transport.
Is the basic Chimera armed with heavy bolter, or is it an upgrade?
Old 02 Nov 2005, 17:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Is the basic Chimera armed with heavy bolter, or is it an upgrade?
The basic Chimera has a hull Heavy Bolter and a turret multi-laser. I think the hull bolter can be upgraded to a flamer.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 18:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

taking humans in chimeras would be an interesting option for the tau, allowing you to basically field Imp squads with your tau army. of course, GW would have to start producing a set for the the aux. troops, and i doubt they would want to do that. of course, you can always just use caidens, with the impeail seals and what-not filles of their armor.
Closed Thread