Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Should I wait?
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2005, 22:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Should I wait?

I am working on my army and I have 36 fire warriors. Four Suits. Five stealth suits and about 29 kroot. With all this talk of new models and new codex I am reluctant to get anything more than maybe some pathfinders and a devilfish or hammer head. Is anyone else goingt to wait for the new stuff or am I just being to crazy?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Should I wait?

It depends...anything you buy now will still be perfectly usable under the new rules, so if you plan on going Tau, it really makes no difference. There *are* new models coming out (word is crisis/broadsides are being reworked, new plastic stealths and some new Ethereal minis), but since you already have those it shouldn't make much difference.

I say go for it. I started my current Tau army now just so I could have it painted in time for the new codex

Balanced is the new cheese i'd reckon. - Brushmonkey, on how 40K is supposed to be...

Best Tyranid player in the UK...until GT Heat 2, anyway...
Old 29 Oct 2005, 01:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Model Changes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ mace
link=topic=12508.msg207211#msg207211 date=1129617950]
I went through this in another thread, but here it is again off the top of my head, looking at each model in the current range:
Ethereal - None that I know of, there might be some new models, but I don't think the existing ones will be updated
XV8's - minor ankle fix? possibly some extra's whilst they're at it, e.g. an additional sprue with more things, maybe updated armour. But that part is speculation.
XV88's - same as XV8, possibly a minor ankle fix
XV15's - Being remade in plastic. New models. Probably being replaced, however apparently both the new plastic ones and old metal ones will be available, depending on which ones you like.
Fire Warriors - None that I know of
Pathfinders - None that I know of
Kroot - None..
Kroot hounds - none..
Krootox - none..
Drones - none.. (maybe new drone types, but existing ones shouldn't be affected)
Devilfish - Possibly a SMS drone addon.
Hammerhead - None that I know of.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 01:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Vega62a

Do you know if the new XV81/4/9s are going to be worked into the new Codex? Cause then, I'd say, if you're plan on favoring crisis suits heavily, you may wish to wait until you see what's out there, but otherwise, it doesn't really matter. Waiting on Stealths for a plastic to come out might save you some money, but in all honesty, not that much. (GW never really sells boxes of plastics for less than 20-25, and 6 Stealths bought as a metal only costs about 30-35).

So yeah, no real reason to wait.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 02:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Even if the new suits are in there it hardly makes a differance. They are for commanders only so you would usually only ever have 1 or 2 in your army. The only time you may have more is if using rym'yr.

You have stealths and crisis suits already so there is no real reason to waite. The rest of your army will probably be made up of Firewarriors and tanks. Just dont get any XV88s, the new ones cant be any harder to put together, I would really wait on those. But thats all.

Old 29 Oct 2005, 02:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire

I'm saving up for a Tau Battleforce. Do you think the new one will have anything different?

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 29 Oct 2005, 02:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrehire
I'm saving up for a Tau Battleforce.* Do you think the new one will have anything different?
I would waite for the new one. If your going to be buying that many crisis suits then perhaps you should waite for the new codex as there will almost certainly be a new battleforce as well.

Old 29 Oct 2005, 06:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Vega62a

Definately. New battleforces are always fun, and to be honest, they're the only "good deal" that GW affords us. Might as well take advantage of it.

Not too much advantage though. Then they'll realize demand is going up and increase the price.
Old 03 Nov 2005, 00:21   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks, I think I will keep and work with what I have and master my many minions for the greater good. Mwahahahaha. Thanks all.
Old 03 Nov 2005, 13:41   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you have the urge to splurge, I'd go for a Hammerhead. They won't change significantly for the new codex, plus you can kkep it modular anyway, to swop Ion cannon/Railguns etc. I know from experience what a difference an ionhead can make to a beginner low points force.