Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How to spin Chaos?
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2005, 17:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default How to spin Chaos?

I'm facing a chaos guy first thing next week, so I made a quick search here on Online but it wasn't much. Nothing more (almost) than first priority is the Oblits and next the Rhinos...
Anyone have further experiences?

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 17:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: How to spin Chaos?

My experience vs Khorne is to kill all units that spawn deamons, all land raiders, and the deamon prince. Berzerkers are usually a priority too.

Wanax
Old 28 Oct 2005, 18:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaso Wanax
My experience vs Khorne is to kill all units that spawn deamons, all land raiders, and the deamon prince.* Berzerkers are usually a priority too.
Yup, any special trix to this?

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 18:47   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: up nord where it snows like a jamaican with dandruff(mn, us)
Send a message via AIM to j1m7 Send a message via MSN to j1m7

i play against a starter khorne, so i don't know how effective this is.

he usually runs 2 obits. i hit him with some railguns and a couplae SMS's and that will hurt him. plus, fire a lot at him. out a MT and a Flachete Dis. on a HH and ram him too.

chaos lords are harder. depending on what he is, he might have demonic stature or wings or a list of bs that will knock your block off. my guy if he has just a lord will have a chain-axe and a mark of khorne and some 2+ save 4+ inv sv bs. hit him a lot too. fusion blasters are good, but you get a little close so watch out. if you are rolling good that day go ahead.

demon princes are harder. if he has a demon prince, you have to focus on what is the highest priority(obits, Demon Prince, Defiler etc.) and pray for the best.

Defilers are a good thing to hit considering they will pieplate you before you can spew profanity at him. if you have some markerlights and can get close enough, try that. might help if you had some Seekers too. railguns always work but their armor rises like faster than a waking giant and is twice as scary.

haven't attacked bloodthirsters yet so try something new there. main thing is try to stay away and hide around terrain if you can. even a size one hill can seperate the dead from the greater good.

Behold
Old 28 Oct 2005, 19:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Ive fought Thousand Sons a good bit. They are very tough and very shooty, make vehicles your top priority aswell as any... living units. The rubric marines are pretty much undead but any sorcerer lord and retinue will be living and have 1 wound and are powerfull so take them first. Second down any daemon things you see. The rubric marines just have a tendancy not to want to die so I tend to save them for last and shoot down everything else first.

As for normal chaos... shoot anything that spawns daemons, first. Ive seen chaos armies that put a lord on a bike, attatch him to a bike squad and turbo charge them across the field. Once infront of the enemy lines they summon a horde of daemons and the chaos ensues. Also greater daemons are nasty, they can get up close fast and then out pops the daemon, kill any vessels first if at all possible. Sometimes its easy to tell what carries the daemon, other times its next to impossible.

Old 29 Oct 2005, 21:24   #6 (permalink)
Hex
Kroot Warrior

simple keep on shooting them until they die (p.s. dont charge kroot into khorne berzerkers use them for what they evolved for meat > > > >

Please avoid unneccessary use of text colors/backgrounds - mace
Old 30 Oct 2005, 00:37   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Chaos armies can vary more from player to player than any other list in the game.* Strategies against Iron Warriors will be completely different from those employed against Word Bearers.* It would be helpful to know which Legion/Legions you are playing against.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 01:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Olannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Chaos armies can vary more from player to player than any other list in the game.* Strategies against Iron Warriors will be completely different from those employed against Word Bearers.* It would be helpful to know which Legion/Legions you are playing against.
Very true, but in general, I'd like to give a single piece of advice:

Be the most cunning player. How do you do this? Well, you need to decide where and when to fight him, and to fight him on your terms. Easiest way to accomplish this? Mobility. Attack and retreat, but always do it in your favour. Move your forces so you can dictate what he does. Attack weak points. Retreat from strong pockets of enemy resistance.

And above all, keep the mission objectives paramount. If he blazes awat 90% of your army, but your 1 remaining squad holds the objective, youŠve won the game!

Change, the wise adapt

~Olannon
Old 30 Oct 2005, 02:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

You should spin Chaos like a record, baby, right right round round.... O0

Oh yes, I did just do that.

But more to the point, if the army is anything like my friend's, first you put your head between your legs, and then give your ass a very heart-felt kiss goodbye.

He has a squad or 2 of Berserkers with Feel No Pain, so they get their twin-linked saves, a Defiler, Chaos Lord w/ a lot of gear, the Blood Thirster, and lets see.....2 Dreadnoughts.

The defiler and dreads aren't hard, popping armor as Tau is easy...it's the Berserkers that make all of your FW squads useless. In order to get past F.N.P, you just have to deny the save. Ionheads, Plasma Rifles, O'Shovah, anything. If you use Kroot, they may take out some but not many. Khorne infantry is deadly and fast, and if the person pays the points for it, they can even infiltrate.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 30 Oct 2005, 05:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Railguns... massed railguns. Take a set of three broadsides for anti-tank and anti-big-scary-thingy-with-wings-and-fangs-ness.

Use your MIND!

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Closed Thread