Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

shield drones anybody?
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2005, 02:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to snipin_joe
Default shield drones anybody?

this is kind of a dumb question as i have been playing with the tau for a while, but how do i get shield drone, as a sperate model
Old 28 Oct 2005, 02:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: shield drones anybody?

I think one comes with the Pathfinder Shas'ui but basicly you can either order the bits from GW or give a gun drone 2 antenae and no guns.

Old 28 Oct 2005, 03:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I doubt anyone would mind you using a Gun Drone with extra antenae or a shield glued on the bottom, but there are two blisters that come with a drone: The Stealth Shas'Vre and the Pathfinder Shas'Ui as Vash mentioned.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 06:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to wind777

I think Aunshi also comes with a shield drone but i might be wrong. Any way just make sure there marker right and your opponent should be fine with you using what ever for shield drones. Just aslong as they are drones. You can also just remove the guns and boom shield drone.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 06:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Is that what that extra bit was with the Shas'Vre? Ah...I see. I haven't fielded a shield drone yet, but I was under the impression that you just delete the guns and the little ball they hang from off of the underside of a standard frisbee (the flyer stand will plug directly into the frisbee just fine, you don't need the ball, although I could see just filing down the posts and making something out of the ball...disco, anyone?) and use both supplied antennas on top. I'm pretty sure GamesDay or GT wouldn't disqualify your shield drones for not having that rare bit underneath...but thanks for clearing up the mystery of the odd drone bit for me.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 28 Oct 2005, 15:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I made my sheild drones into walkers. They look like a chicken kinda.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

stealth teams shas'vre comes with one but the model is allful it keeps snaping i going to just get two drone disk and glue then bottom to bottom and drill a hole for the post and say their sheild drones
Old 28 Oct 2005, 18:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
stealth teams shas'vre comes with one but the model is allful it keeps snaping i going to just get two drone disk and glue then bottom to bottom and drill a hole for the post and say their sheild drones
All of the Shield Drones I assembled and work ok for me. I have six built (and bits for at least two more) and none of them have broke yet. Two of the shield drones I got came with the Stealth Suit and Pathfinder Shas'vre, and I picked up the rest of the bits at Games Day a couple of years ago.

I have seen some decent Shield Drone conversions using the Shield Generator from a Crisis suit glued onto the bottom of the Drone top bit (though they only used one antenna, it looked fine to me).

Later,
Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Closed Thread