Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army List
Closed Thread
Old 27 Oct 2005, 00:01   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Army Ranger
Default Army List

How do you think this army list would fit. I tried to have a fluff of mechanized Tau.

.1 ethereal, honour blade

.11 fire warriors, shash ui, 2 pulse carbines, devilfish with multi tracker

.(X2) 12 fire warriors, shash ui, 2 pulse carbines, devilfish with multi tracker

.(X2) 8 pathfinders, shash ui, 3 rail rifles, devilfish with multi tracker

.(X2) hammer head, rail gun, smart missiles, 2 seeker missiles, multi tracker, decoy launcher

. Barracuda, target lock, disruption pod, decoy launcher, 2 seeker missiles

That's it please give me your opinion on this army. ;D

Old 27 Oct 2005, 00:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Army List

What do you mean by fit? Do you mean how good it would be in tournaments?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 00:33   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Army Ranger

both as a fun and a tournament army how do u think it would fair
Old 27 Oct 2005, 00:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

First should this be in army lists and second honnor blade?
It way sound cool but using it is[glow=red,2,300] very bad[/glow] understand tau no cc

Old 27 Oct 2005, 01:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Most of the fluff surrounding Mech Tau revolves around a Cadre deploying from a Manta. Seeing as how a Manta only has room for 4 'fish/'head chassis, if you're looking to stick to the fluff, you need to drop 2 of your vehicles.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 27 Oct 2005, 07:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

your list could rely use a couple helios suits.. drop the blade from the ethereal, you should be going into cc anyway. a pair of death-rain suits can make an extremely useful unit to take out enemy transports. a small group of stealth suits (can you tell i like suits).

as for fluff, it is true that you can only fit four fish into a manta, but there are plenty of ways to get around this. I'll leave you to think of your own excuse, but its out there.

allot of skimmer chassis, i like that. still, you may have to drop some of them in favor of the wonderful, wonderful tau death suits from hell

have you played any games with this list yet? i'd like to hear about it.
Closed Thread