Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How many Marker Lights do you use in your army?
Closed Thread
Old 25 Oct 2005, 18:33   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: How many Marker Lights do you use in your army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade
<<>>
As for the Tetras, the aren't going to be in the new codex.*

The only FW models to make the cut are the Piranha and Sky Ray.
<sigh> It's too bad about the Tetra not making the cut. Of the three, it's the only one for which I was willing to cross the 'Not from GW' divide. But then, that may be exactly the reason for it. I'm sure FW sells quite a few Tetras in relation to the Piranha & Sky Ray. Why take away one of FWs better sellers? They have to make a profit, too. What's even more disappointing about the exclusion is that it appears that the Tetra's ML is going to be even more valuable on the battlefield, AND cost fewer points to field.

Oh well... It's not like I do GW Grand Tournaments anyway, so my sweet lovelies are here to stay. They'll just be all the more rare and precious because of it.

Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:04   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Where is this information coming from?! This CAN'T be true!!!

Pleasebewrongpleasebewrongpleasebewrong....

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:36   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn

[quote=Fireblade]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen
<<>>
As for the Tetras, the aren't going to be in the new codex.

The only FW models to make the cut are the Piranha and Sky Ray.

Later,
Fireblade
I'm afraid I'm going to have to see a source. I'd say it's unlike but possible.

And yeah, the modified markerlight system and markerlight drones are going to be amazing in TE.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:50   #14 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlydawn
]I'm afraid I'm going to have to see a source. I'd say it's unlike but possible.
Sorry no source will be forthcoming, all I can say is that it is a GW source. Any additional data will prevent me from acquiring further advance information.

Suffice to say that I have seen enough of the draft and playtest version of the codex, as well as getting some confirmations about what made it into the final version of the codex to know that the Tetras won't be in there.

Of course everyone is more than welcome to doubt such statements.

Later,
Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 25 Oct 2005, 20:25   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn

Wait, so you can note which units will / will not actually be in the codex, but yet saying more would prevent you from getting more information? That seems fairly absurd. :
Old 25 Oct 2005, 20:33   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Wait, so you can note which units will / will not actually be in the codex, but yet saying more would prevent you from getting more information? That seems fairly absurd.* :
That's GW for you. I also am under the same restrictions as Fireblade.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 20:51   #17 (permalink)
Shas'La

Experimentation and such aside, I don't use markerlights at any point level on a regular basis.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 20:58   #18 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Wait, so you can note which units will / will not actually be in the codex, but yet saying more would prevent you from getting more information? That seems fairly absurd.
Well, much of that info has already been posted elsewhere. So I am not worried that my source will blame me for the leak (or get in trouble for anything that I have posted).

The detailed information I have will not be posted until it have been ok'd or leaked by someone else.

So while I can do some confirmations of rumored bits, none of the hard data that I have collected can be posted on-line. Also since I will not compromise the trust and friendship I have with my sources, I will continue to do as they have requested with the scraps of info that they provide.

If all this sounds absurd to you, sorry but them's the rules.

Later,
Fireblade

“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 25 Oct 2005, 22:05   #19 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Personally I have a grand total of.... 0, yup zero, nada, none. I dont use markerlights, I just dont have a use for them right now. If I add a pathfinder team in the future Ill use that, or if the tetras are in the new codex Ill get some but until then I have not a single one.

Old 25 Oct 2005, 22:10   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

My opponents have figured out just how devastating the pathfinders can be, and send all sorts of things their way. Because pathfinders really need to hold still to be effective with their markerlights, they either die from shooting or are forced to flee from assault. Mostly they end up dead from all manner of heavy bolters and such.