Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Commander: Shas'o or Sha'el?
Closed Thread
Old 23 Oct 2005, 16:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Commander: Shas'o or Sha'el?

I am wondering which is better to take, is the Shas'o worth the extra points?
Old 23 Oct 2005, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Commander: Shas'o or Sha'el?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobain
I'd say that depends on the sized of the army. 1500 and below - Shas'El, 1750 or more and I'd use a Shas'O
Old 23 Oct 2005, 16:34   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok ty
Old 23 Oct 2005, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobain
This should mostly reflect what you want to do with your Commander. The Shas'O is very expensive for what you're going to get, so you should have a pretty good role for him in mind. The Shas'O has one thing going for him though: He can take 3 weapon systems and make a good use of them in his game career. The Shas'El is cheaper and better suited to filling specific roles (such as tank-busting, countering heavy-infantry).

Now, you should also consider the points limits. It's not really a good idea to take Shas'O in a small game. Especially if you plan on having multiple HQ units.

So perhaps you can tell us more about your army? If you're low on Crisis Suits, maybe a Shas'O can be worth while. However, if you have several already, he probably won't be very integral and you can get away with the Shas'El instead.

Tell us a bit more about your army?
What do you plan on doing with him?
Have you played with Shas'El and Shas'O enough to know the differences? And if so, did it seem like it was worth the extra price?
What kinds of opponents do you normally face (ie: will you be facing more power armor or more skimmers or more hordes of infantry for example?)

Lots of things can contribute to a choice

Cheers!
Old 23 Oct 2005, 16:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It really depends on one thing: Do you need the extra wound? BS5 is fantastic, but not worth the points all by itself, and the increased initiative should never be a factor, as you should almost never be in assault with him...so, if you want/need the wound, get the 'O, if you don't, stick with the 'El...

If tau suits were invulnerable to instant-kills, I'd say always take the extra wound...but the reality is that most of the time you'll end up eating a krak missile or a lascannon if you get shot at at all, so how many wounds you have won't matter.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 23 Oct 2005, 16:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
If tau suits were invulnerable to instant-kills, I'd say always take the extra wound...but the reality is that most of the time you'll end up eating a krak missile or a lascannon if you get shot at at all, so how many wounds you have won't matter.
That's a big bummer if u ask me, why not lose 2 or 3 wounds instead of an instant-kill. This would make the Shas'o and other mayor HQ units much better and more used.

For me I'd stick to the Shas'o as your opponent doesn't always have the right tools to bring him down or has them but doesn't has LOS. That extra wound kept my commander alive some games.
But as MalVeaux said, it depends on how u would use your HQ and how many Crisis u have.

Greetz

Old 23 Oct 2005, 17:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Shas'O are for when you feel that the points spent won't be limiting other units. He'll earn his points back, but in smaller games at the expense of other units:

Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Hard-Wird Multi Tracker

This is an expensive suit, but its always able to choose the two best weapons for the job. Hitting on a 2 means no TL, and with that fusion blaster he'll be able to hold his own against other HQ's.

Shas'El are for smaller games. Give them a missile pod and a plasma rifle, unless you have another config you want to use. Hits on a 3...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 23 Oct 2005, 17:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Sorry, I just always love my Shas'Els. Twinlinked hit-on-threes is almost as good as hit on twos, and psychologically it feels a lot better. And he's still less expensive than an O. I find I really don't need the versatility of extra weaponry, or the extra wound.
Old 23 Oct 2005, 18:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

He's...just like an elite suit...only more expensive. Twinlinking, while I don't do it (I mainly use helios), makes a little sense on BS3 suits...but not taking 2 weapons and a targetlock on a BS4 or BS5 suit? It's madness!

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 23 Oct 2005, 20:03   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Im fighting SMurfs and necrons *shudders* all the time, i want to be able to not give armor saves and get ridda the necrons pesky WWB which has a terrible habbit of resurecting all the men i kill :P
Closed Thread