Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

forgeworld battlesuits NEED HELP!!!!!
Closed Thread
Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default forgeworld battlesuits NEED HELP!!!!!

I bought a Shas'o r'myr and im going to buy a pair of XV81s. The problem is that after i buy the XV81s I wont have the cash to buy IA3. :'( I was wondering if, out of the kindness of their hearts, could post the rules for them. any help would be very uhhhh, helpful!

I have a very hard time picturing Aun'va rocking out to "Our God Is An Awesome God".
-Raptor Jesus

Ninja Fish Robots, Flesh-Eating Space Chickens, AND Supersonic Cockroaches??? W00t!!! (^ ^)
-Damian

I like me

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature spread the word!

if you think you've had too much to drink, you're obviously to coherent to have had too much to drink When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: forgeworld battlesuits NEED HELP!!!!!

Its against the rules to post well... rules as that is breaking GW copyright and would get TO in trouble. Buy IA3 first and save up more cash for suits latter.

Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Or you could just run them as fancy-looking XV8s until you've saved up for IA3. Since the FW rules aren't universally usable anyway, you'll probably find yourself having to do that sooner or later anyhow.

I have 4 XV89s on my shopping list, and I'm going to proxy them as cooler-looking XV8s. I doubt you'd find anyone who has problems with that.

Balanced is the new cheese i'd reckon. - Brushmonkey, on how 40K is supposed to be...

Best Tyranid player in the UK...until GT Heat 2, anyway...
Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattythepuppet
I bought a Shas'o r'myr and im going to buy a pair of XV81s. The problem is that after i buy the XV81s I wont have the cash to buy IA3. :'( I was wondering if, out of the kindness of their hearts, could post the rules for them. any help would be very uhhhh, helpful!
Posting published material is illegal, such as that sir.

I would recommend you either borrow a friend's, or save up to buy it. Seeking illegal means to obtain it won't really get you very far on public forums such as these.

Good luck!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:44   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

this is sort of off topic but are forge world units legal in tournaments, and arent those suits coming out with the new codex in a couple months
Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
this is sort of off topic but are forge world units legal in tournaments, and arent those suits coming out with the new codex in a couple months
Forge World material is not legal unless the Tournament specifically states they are generally. And generally, they are not.
Typically, FW material is permission based.

One should never buy FW and then expect to use it no matter where they go. It's not GW after all, even if supported. Always take it with a grain of salt, because most FW material is not balanced with the 40k rule base.

Cheers!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 17:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
this is sort of off topic but are forge world units legal in tournaments, and arent* those suits coming out with the new codex in a couple months
Not that Ive heard, there will be new units for the Tau and perhaps even the Tetra and Piranha but I have not heard anything suggesting that the FW suits will be in the new dex. Besides we wont know until it comes out anyway.

Old 22 Oct 2005, 20:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Here's what I did to get the general's compendium;

Got together 6 friends.

Split the cost 6 ways.

I ended up paying less than $10 for it and still having access to the rules.

The one disadvantage was that everyone wanted to read it, and I didn't get to have it until a few weeks later.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 21:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

sry guys, didn't know it was illeagle. thanks for the suggestions anyway!

I have a very hard time picturing Aun'va rocking out to "Our God Is An Awesome God".
-Raptor Jesus

Ninja Fish Robots, Flesh-Eating Space Chickens, AND Supersonic Cockroaches??? W00t!!! (^ ^)
-Damian

I like me

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature spread the word!

if you think you've had too much to drink, you're obviously to coherent to have had too much to drink When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 21:17   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would wait as long as humanly possible before shelling out money for IA3.* It is probably the most poorly-edited book I have ever seen sold, particularly at its high cost.* Rampant typographical errors, incorrect word-choices, grammatical errors, and spelling mistakes can be found in almost any paragraph on every page anywhere in the book, even in the summary on the back!* Needless to say, I was not pleased to have paid so much for a book that was published in such a state.* I am just hoping that Forge World will have the decency to release another edition.
Closed Thread