Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Tree Houses
Closed Thread
Old 22 Oct 2005, 13:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Kroot Tree Houses

I saw this on Discovery the other day. First thing I thought of was Kroot houses.

I imagine a Kroot village of about 50 spheres of varying sizes, this being the smallest. In the old-growth jungles of Pech, I could imagine the spheres getting to about 30 feet in diameter and having at least 2 or 3 levels! That's what I could see a Kroot villiage being, and then bridges connecting the spheres. Probably 9 feet in the air min, up to 3/4 to the tops of the canopy! Anyone else think this fits, considering Warspheres?

I've also thought to build a few terrain-wise, that thread is here. But I'd like some input of what you think fluff-wise, too.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 15:38   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Kroot Tree Houses

It ties in excellently with the fluff. From a game point of view it, a city made up that way would make for a great variation on the standard city fight scenario. Another use would be for bunkers in the trees - Kroot in woods with 3+ cover save......
Old 22 Oct 2005, 15:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

No it would be a 2+ save. Whenever in woods Kroot improve their save by 1.

But that sounds awesome.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think a bunker in the woods would still only be 3+, but it couldn't be shot at more than 6" away, Kroot could shoot out thier 12 tho!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 16:21   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm not sure which is right (2+ or 3+) but eitherway who ever trys to serve the eviction notice is in for a misserable time. I've notice most players are very reluctant to assault Kroot in cover to being with. Giving them marine level armour saves would not make them any happier about it.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 17:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

+2 is certainly too much. But the idea of putting Kroot bunkers more than 6" inside terrain is excellent. They can shoot out but are too hard to detect due to superior camouflaging of their positions. This is actually similar to how some Vietnam War table top games handle Viet Cong concealed bunkers, spider holes and tunnels.

The Eldar Rule:

"If any model with the special rule Eldar! is on the battlefield the player may instantly declare victory and arrogantly storm out of the room. They may also claim any models, cash or cookies that are in the room."

I want to put to the record that I wholeheartedly support this rule and think GW should adopt it whenever they redo the Eldar codex. Cash and cookies are always good, and arrogantly storming out is an underrated pasttime
Old 22 Oct 2005, 18:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

What does everyone else think of Hive Lord's idea here about the spheres being made of partially digested materials, like wood?
Old 22 Oct 2005, 18:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

*drooling* * That is so amazing. I can't wait to build one and put some kroot in there to blast some SMs. the idea is awsome and i would like to congradulate you on the find. ;D

Old 23 Oct 2005, 00:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion549
What does everyone else think of Hive Lord's idea here about the spheres being made of partially digested materials, like wood?
It certainly fits with the kroot. In the codex, theres something about kroot and partially digested building material.

Anyway, yeah, that's a great conversion idea! I'd say that instead of counting as a bunker, they count as forest.... with levels. So the kroot can climb up into the canopy of the forest inside of their houses! You could make a whole network of houses and bridges, and because it's in the trees, fieldcraft applies!
Old 23 Oct 2005, 15:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah...would be interesting for Kill-team...done right, you'd only need a 2x2 or 2x3 board, and then lots of tree houses!
Closed Thread